Hop weigh's in on the Cadets/Crown rivalry...

From today's Hop Blog...

How many calls have I received asking about Crown and the Cadets? There are DCP threads, there are rants, there are letters to me and my mailbox is filled ... WHAT'S GOING ON?

Well ...

what has happened is that on three of four nights, 5 judges have been scoring Crown over the Cadets. Before that, the 5 judges scored the Cadets over Crown.

What is different? They are better, we are better, we have an ending, and they have fine tuned.

Crown is very good. The Cadets are very good.

Who would I have up? the Cadets of course but I like tough books, running and gunning, and the sheer human challenge. I find it thrilling. But ... that's me ... and of course I love how we do corps.

Crown is well programmed. There is the story, or lesson, and they follow it out from beginning to end! They are very good. They are not aggressive .... they are not out of control .... they are not making errors that folks can see and hear. WE ... on the other hand, are still showing out dirty underwear.

BUT hey ... it's July 2nd ... there are 5 weeks to the champs ... we have been competing for 2 weeks.

SO ... what should we do?

Stick to our vision.

Stick to the vehicle.

Make it better and better

What will Crown do?

Stick to their vision

Stick to their vehicle

make it better and better

And at the end of the day, with a double panel ... there will be 16 people deciding who they like the most.

Our job, of we choose to accept it ... make it clear, make it easy

And that takes time

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put on some pants. :smile:

Or do laundry, preferably at a place with beer...I mean ice cream....ICE CREAM!!!!

Who would I have up? the Cadets of course but I like tough books, running and gunning, and the sheer human challenge. I find it thrilling.

Wow. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he should not have said that. Comes across as rather arrogant.

Otherwise, good response.

Or do laundry, preferably at a place with beer...I mean ice cream....ICE CREAM!!!!

or a place with beer AND ice cream?!?

now i'm craving some guinness flavored ice cream. thanks guys. thanks a lot.

p.s. Happy 1500th post to me!! :P

Edited by chaos001

What great words from George, and they are very true.

We can try to rationalize all we want based on what we "want" to see, but at the end of the day each group has the same goals, is very talented, and deserves our respect no matter the outcome!

Edited by Dylan Ford

Wow. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that he should not have said that. Comes across as rather arrogant.

Otherwise, good response.

Yeah....he should have definitely said he would put crown up...

Seriously though - every band director, corps director, and even wannabe bandmom (no offense) in the world thinks their show is harder, more demanding, more complicated, and more intense than everybody elses, and its just a matter of time before everyone else watching comes to agree with them. Dont read so much into it.