Battle of the Blues...

Bluecoats show is way more demanding and designed better, imo. It may be close with Bluecoats on top at San Antonio, but I believe Bluecoats will put some space between them and Blue Stars come finals.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Stars...Bluecoats....but don't forget about the Blue Knights too! Throw in Boston and it's a battle of the 4 B's!

LOL. Alex, you marched BS, Jay marched Boston, obviously you guys are gonna root for your teams. You are right BS did beat BAC by 3 tenths head to head, which is pretty negligible, but still a victory. I think they see each other a few times this week...we'll have a better idea soon enough!

Historically (recent) I think Bluecoats have the edge, but we'll see when they all get together.

Alex, When did you march Blue Stars? Ive got a friend that was a snare drummer there a few years back. I think 04-05. Named JT

Alex, When did you march Blue Stars? Ive got a friend that was a snare drummer there a few years back. I think 04-05. Named JT

05-06. Yeah, i know who you're talkin about.

Its a fun time of year. Nobody knows whats gonna happen, and i'll be the first to admit my biased perspective. I happen to think BS will roll boston and eventually top bluecoats. But, its july 6. A LOT can (and will) happen.

Bluecoats show is way more demanding and designed better, imo. It may be close with Bluecoats on top at San Antonio, but I believe Bluecoats will put some space between them and Blue Stars come finals.

I have only seen them on Fan Network, but I cannot agree that Bluecoats show is way more demanding or designed better. I know it is your opinion, so that is fine. I will say if there is less than one point separating the two corps in San Antonio, I like the Blue Stars position based on their ability to tweak up to the end and to peak finals week. Last year they rose another ten points from their San Antonio score. That was easily the largest jump by a corps in the last three weeks.

Admittedly i might be biased, but ive seen both live and i think blue stars will top bluecoats.

Were you on the west coast to see Bluecoats and also in the Midwest to see Blue Stars? Pretty cool.

I know Bluecoats only did a standstill in Rockford, but no full show. No full show in the midwest has bee given yet.

Anyway, I believe the Bluecoats will absolutely win brass, percussion, music ensemble, and visual. GE will be close, and guard...not sure. I don't think it's as close as people think. Bluecoats by 1.5!

Were you on the west coast to see Bluecoats and also in the Midwest to see Blue Stars? Pretty cool.

I know Bluecoats only did a standstill in Rockford, but no full show. No full show in the midwest has bee given yet.

Anyway, I believe the Bluecoats will absolutely win brass, percussion, music ensemble, and visual. GE will be close, and guard...not sure. I don't think it's as close as people think. Bluecoats by 1.5!

yeah. i was on a vacation through the west coast, finished it off in stanford that saturday night. drove all the way back to des moines, getting in very late monday night, and went up to dubuque right away when i woke up tuesday. A crazy few days for sure, but a lot of good drum corps.

Care to wager a Hardee's big cookie on that?

Care to wager a Hardee's big cookie on that?

Hey, we can do that. You know, usually I am wrong, so chances are good in your favor, but let's make the bet and we'll have some fun. Bluecoats by 1.5 or more. 1.49 or less and you get a cookie. I am good for the cash. How much is that anyway :-)

JW