Burning Questions

When the Bluecoats are performing their show, it seems like sections at a time come to the sideline and bend down to pick something up. Any explanations as to what they are picking up?

That's after Sky Blue. This is their ballad. I believe that all of the trumpets pickup flugels horns during the ballad. Perhaps they're getting the trumpets back?

Also, isn't there some kind of uniform change in the show as well?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would start a thread of what burning questions you have thus far in 2009. Feel free to pose your question or answer others you see on this thread.

Mine is: Can Phantom Regiment recapture some of last year's lightning in a bottle and contend?

and, will Crossmen ever get all their guard uniforms?

I don't think PR will recapture the lightning in the bottle from last year. I love PR and will be cheering them on. But I don't think they'll be contending for the top spot in Indy.

I hope Crossmen will get their guard uniforms ASAP. What's going on there, uniform company?

That's after Sky Blue. This is their ballad. I believe that all of the trumpets pickup flugels horns during the ballad. Perhaps they're getting the trumpets back?

Also, isn't there some kind of uniform change in the show as well?

They do the flugel switch behind them in addition to the uniform switch by the hornline.

The drumline is helped with their uniform switch by the color guard.

My burning question is:

Are people psyched for Crown as a corps, or is it the show that has them rooting for a win?

I think it is a little of both. For me, I am excited that the competition has become top heavy. What I mean is that so many corps are getting good that you just don't know who is going to win from year to year anymore. With Crown in the mix, it just adds to the fun and drama!

Can Colts regain a finals berth?

Troop and a few others might have something to say about it, but they seem to be solidifying a top 12 finish. I hope so! I love the show!

I really agree with whoever said who is inflated, west or east. It doesn't seem like the traditional west is way over inflated like the past few years. If it is in fact the same situation, then #### the east corps are doing well, and the west corps are lacking. It would flop things around.

For me personally, I wonder if Blue Knights can clean up and jump a few spots... I see the potential, but also see how competitive that grouping of corps around them is. Can the Troop exercise the demons and make finals? Can Pioneer stay out of the basement, and maybe even set a foundation for competitive improvement? I'm also with everyone wondering about Crown... can we really see a new champion? Hasn't happened since 1996, and I think we're due.