Possible open battery positions

Here's his twitter

Here's his blog

Here's his email from the yea site: hopkins@yea.org,

The man actually answers email. I asked some minor questions about T-shirts, sent to a generic yea.org account and Hopkins answered. I felt bad that I wasted his time on a trivial thing. Well, actually he said the shirts were cut for young, skinny kids. So I guess he called me old and fat. But that's ok, it was Hopkins. The guy is a machine -- must never sleep. He has my respect.

Edited by cybersnyder

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to those who posted Hopkins' contact info.

I'm interested in the bass 1 spot right now.

The man actually answers email. I asked some minor questions about T-shirts, sent to a generic yea.org account and Hopkins answered. I felt bad that I wasted his time on a trivial thing. Well, actually he said the shirts were cut for young, skinny kids. So I guess he called me old and fat. But that's ok, it was Hopkins. The guy is a machine -- must never sleep. He has my respect.

Despite what everyone has heard or thinks about him, he's a very respectable and professional man. As far as sleep...let's just say that they need to dedicate a Starbucks in his honor...seriously...

Oh yeah, from what I've heard, Hopkins is an amazing director. He truly does care about his kids in the Cadets. Every marching member is a family member to him.

Another guy who TRULY deserves some major respect is Howard Weinstein. of the Blue Stars.. He's one of the most down to Earth, respectful, most caring individuals in DCI, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, from what I've heard, Hopkins is an amazing director. He truly does care about his kids in the Cadets. Every marching member is a family member to him.

Another guy who TRULY deserves some major respect is Howard Weinstein. of the Blue Stars.. He's one of the most down to Earth, respectful, most caring individuals in DCI, in my opinion.

Amen to both observations.

It's too bad more people don't make it a point to get to know some of our leaders in drum corps rather than basing their opinions on them solely on ideologies with which they disagree or disagreements with their ideas.

Everybody does what they think is best for the activity. And we truly are all a family. That hit home big when flowers showed up at my Mom's funeral in February from Jeff Fiedler, the Cavaliers Alumni Association, Blue Devils and The Cadets, plus the organizations I write for. I cried when I saw each of them, realizing how much I loved those people and those corps and how much they have given to entertaining me over three decades.

It's too bad more people don't make it a point to get to know some of our leaders in drum corps rather than basing their opinions on them solely on ideologies with which they disagree or disagreements with their ideas.

I don't think you necessarily have to know someone personally to agree or disagree with their positions. In our ultra-competitive world, and our passion for the activity, it can get pretty heated. So, I don't agree with people who compare someone with Satan or Hitler (sorry, just invoked Godwin's Law) because they disagree on a position. But I will agree that if you do know them you might have a better understanding or appreciation for their position.

Garry in Vegas

I guess I'm one of the rare ones that have no problems since I marched.

don't you have any buildings to leap in a single bound or some evil-doer to stop?

How can I get ahold of Hopkins?

say his name three times in front of a mirror? :whistle:

I agree, below is a quote by Howard W. that he posted on the Blue Stars site recently, hope it's ok for me to post it here.

"

I try very hard to pace the kids with the demands of the tour, performing, and just plain day to day life out here...

I could not be more proud of the kids...as they are working so hard...and giving this everything they have got, for each other...

Parents, I know you miss them, so very much...

And with the incredible hearts, souls and relentless they all have, it's a true tribute to how you have raised them, and prepared them for life...

As I often tell the older members, this is one of last opportunities they will have to be " a kid", and I want them to enjoy every minute...

August 8th will be here before we all know it...and I want you all to know that I will do all I can, so that your special children have the time of their lives, both on and off the field...

If you have any concerns at all, or simply just want to know that your daughter or son is just "doing alright', feel free to call me anytime...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I know I speak for the entire organization when I say how much we appreciate the support your child has from you throughout this summer's drumcorps/Blue Stars experience....

Howard"...

And to HNC, I hope you fill those spots with brilliant drummers.

FCO

Edited by BozzlyB