Boston Crusaders vs. Phantom

I don't see it happening, but they're back at it again tomorrow night so we'll see.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by the scores. I hear Phantom is changing things so they are dirty, but still, its getting closer. Boston must be stepping it up. They are a dark horse this year I think.

Phantom Regiment still has their Brass and Percussion in Title contending shape. But it appears right now that their achilles heel is their Guard and some of their Visuals.

Cali--you're the one who started the thread...you shouldn't be surprised if things get hot in here.

Hmmm...sorry but I just don't get the whole "you should feel sorry for Phantom" reply.

Rather than feeling sorry for Phantom, I feel happy for Boston. Imagine what those kids are

feeling right now. Imagine what they would be feeling if they caught PR?

Cali.

Cali--you're the one who started the thread...you shouldn't be surprised if things get hot in here.

A couple things are in play here; it's funny how we look at the previous year's champ and expect that we're looking at the same corps, when in reality, it's a completely different group of kids...same with Boston. It's not that Boston is miraculously good this year or that Phantom sucks--we're just looking at corps from opposite ends of the top 12 meeting in the middle. I feel bad for Phantom, only because last year's show was so breathtaking, I couldn't possibly imagine a sequel as exciting. What's cool is what we all whine about *not* happening, seems to be happening, that is the corps this year seems to be getting judged on what they are putting on the field, not what they put on the field last year, which is what should happen, right? This is just the most extreme example available at the moment.

guard's really not helping at all this year...nor does the fact that "she who shall not be named" judged as well.

rotfl

hahahahaha...that's funny. Maybe she was just making up for dumping Boston last year in Madison...I kid, I kid

+1 on the Harry Potter reference

/off topic

i couldn't help myself. it's coming out this week and i cannot wait! i wasn't a fan of the books, but for some reason i enjoy the movies. i know...how low brow of me.

/on topic

these are my feelings on the guard that i shared with a friend fo mine:

on the subject of the guard, i do (from what i've seen) like the flag work. the weapons work seems weak, along with transitions from equipment to equipment. there's too much standing around with equipment and too much dancing without anything at all for extended periods.

this may be stereotypical, but i'm just going to throw it out here. is Subel gay or not because that's what's missing from the guard this year? guard these days is about flash and being artsy (not to mention being bad ### about it). i just don't get that from his work. it's too dry and technical from my view.

I think anything is possible and I really don't think it's fair to dis Phantom like alot of posters are doing

this year how would you feel if your kid marched last year and got that ring and is marching this year

and will have trouble staying in the top 5 and maybe lower who knows , so don't get to nasty we are

supposed to set an example to our younger charges and this isn't the way to do it ! Rudi

Your post makes zero sense to me.

We're supposed to feel bad for whom? Parents whose kids won a ring last year?

I'm guessing you're not a parent (just a guess). Do you imagine we're (parents) such a fragile group that we're worried about little Johnny crashing out of the top 5?

Parents put their kids in competition to compete, not to win.

This gets my vote as nonsense post of the summer.

Your post makes zero sense to me.

We're supposed to feel bad for whom? Parents whose kids won a ring last year?

I'm guessing you're not a parent (just a guess). Do you imagine we're (parents) such a fragile group that we're worried about little Johnny crashing out of the top 5?

Parents put their kids in competition to compete, not to win.

This gets my vote as nonsense post of the summer.

:tongue: