Boston Crusaders vs. Phantom

I think anything is possible and I really don't think it's fair to dis Phantom like alot of posters are doing

this year how would you feel if your kid marched last year and got that ring and is marching this year

and will have trouble staying in the top 5 and maybe lower who knows , so don't get to nasty we are

supposed to set an example to our younger charges and this isn't the way to do it ! Rudi

Setting an example for our children with the longest run on sentence in DCP history? I kid.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...sorry but I just don't get the whole "you should feel sorry for Phantom" reply.

Rather than feeling sorry for Phantom, I feel happy for Boston. Imagine what those kids are

feeling right now. Imagine what they would be feeling if they caught PR?

Cali.

Yes just a year ago they had 100+ new people. Boston has been working very hard this year and has s great over all show. Every one has commented that they enjoy the show and thats a good thing. Looks like a good year for DCI and all the corps.

I think anything is possible and I really don't think it's fair to dis Phantom like alot of posters are doing

this year how would you feel if your kid marched last year and got that ring and is marching this year

and will have trouble staying in the top 5 and maybe lower who knows , so don't get to nasty we are

supposed to set an example to our younger charges and this isn't the way to do it ! Rudi

Are you freaking kidding me with this post?

Yes, it is great that the Phantom Regiment won a title last year, but how is the fact that they are sitting at fifth place right now something to try and ruffle our emotions with? If anything, that proves that this year is extremely competitive, seemingly more-so than years past! How would I feel if I had a child that was marching corps right now and was sitting at fifth place? I would feel exactly the same as if I had a child that was marching a corps that was at 15th place, or 20th place, or in Open Class. I would feel so excited and blessed that my kid had the opportunity to do something that not many people are able to do in this day an age. I would feel worried knowing that they are traveling around the country by bus and would be relieved every time I hear they get to their next housing site. I would feel proud when they come to my hometown and I get to see my kid, along with 149 other young people, do something that NO individual can do by him/herself.

On DCP, we get so caught up in the scores. It's such a natural instinct, though, so it makes sense as to why we do it. Hell, I even get caught up some days. However, if you think the thought that is on the minds the most frequently of corps parents is the score or placement, then you better do some re-evaluating, man. It's easy for us to talk about scores all day and all night, since that is the extent of our drum corps investment at this given moment in time. But for those people/families that are invested in a corps this summer through a child/brother/sister/girlfriend/boyfriend/friend that is marching, I truly think we degrade THEIR experience when we say that the first thing they are worried about is scores/placements.

Edited by Dylan Ford

This just doesn't make any sense to me? Is placement that important? I would have to agree with some of the other posters who said that it really doesn't matter whether its 1st 5th 15th?

This post makes me think of all the great athletes in this world who didn't always make it with a team to the top....Was there sports career any less fulfilling because they didn't wear a super bowl ring? or win the world series? etc etc.

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits - if anything THIS describes BAC. I'm sure they like placing so well, but you don't go through everything this corps has gone through to chase rings, beat Phantom or anybody else. You do it for you (oh and the fans!). I'm sure Phantom is the same, sure they might be a bit bummed - of course they haven't lost to Boston or anything - but they will soldier on and I'm sure the summer will not be diminished if they place 9 5 or 1.

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits - if anything THIS describes BAC. I'm sure they like placing so well, but you don't go through everything this corps has gone through to chase rings, beat Phantom or anybody else. You do it for you (oh and the fans!). I'm sure Phantom is the same, sure they might be a bit bummed - of course they haven't lost to Boston or anything - but they will soldier on and I'm sure the summer will not be diminished if they place 9 5 or 1.

Nice first post! Welcome to DCP.

If my kid was marching just to get a ring, I wouldn't pay for his/her drum corps membership fees.

It would be easier and cheaper to just buy them a ring :tongue:

Are you freaking kidding me with this post?

Yes, it is great that the Phantom Regiment won a title last year, but how is the fact that they are sitting at fifth place right now something to try and ruffle our emotions with? If anything, that proves that this year is extremely competitive, seemingly more-so than years past! How would I feel if I had a child that was marching corps right now and was sitting at fifth place? I would feel exactly the same as if I had a child that was marching a corps that was at 15th place, or 20th place, or in Open Class. I would feel so excited and blessed that my kid had the opportunity to do something that not many people are able to do in this day an age. I would feel worried knowing that they are traveling around the country by bus and would be relieved every time I hear they get to their next housing site. I would feel proud when they come to my hometown and I get to see my kid, along with 149 other young people, do something that NO individual can do by him/herself.

On DCP, we get so caught up in the scores. It's such a natural instinct, though, so it makes sense as to why we do it. Hell, I even get caught up some days. However, if you think the thought that is on the minds the most frequently of corps parents is the score or placement, then you better do some re-evaluating, man. It's easy for us to talk about scores all day and all night, since that is the extent of our drum corps investment at this given moment in time. But for those people/families that are invested in a corps this summer through a child/brother/sister/girlfriend/boyfriend/friend that is marching, I truly think we degrade THEIR experience when we say that the first thing they are worried about is scores/placements.

REALLY WELL PUT. Thanks for some sanity in a world of insanity... :tongue: