The Denver Diner

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant even watch Scouts anymore - what in the f^%$ are they doing? What is their guard wearing? What is this wack show about?

They are loud, but their drill is boring. Terrible visual.

Right now I think it will be Colts over Troopers, Madison Scouts behind both of them.

I was thinking the same thing, are they missing people or something? There were some really big holes in those sets.

Well, FWIW, the hole I left when I got injured has already been filled...

Sounds good but extremely dirty visually

This seems typical for the boys from Madison. Like I said in another thread, I've never seen a corps turn on the heat like Madison and work at their drill. We'll see what they do over the next week.

(and I know Troop is going to be turning on the burners too. It's gonna be a great fight.)

Scouts might have their hands full tonight at retreat. There's still alot of dirt out there and they're having some ensemble balance and timing problems (moreso than Troop or Colts). It's a VERY exciting show and I look forward to the next viewing. My biggest complaint - There was a TON of low end synth in that show. The low brass is pretty light compared to upper brass so it helped to balance things out ... but it's a cheat and at times was overpowering.

It's good to see the boys getting stronger!

I cant even watch Scouts anymore - what in the f^%$ are they doing? What is their guard wearing? What is this wack show about?

They are loud, but their drill is boring. Terrible visual.

Right now I think it will be Colts over Troopers, Madison Scouts behind both of them.

tie crossmen

The dead guy is breathing. :tongue:

I think Scouts just committed copyright infringement with the dead guy....PR's attorneys will be contacting you! :tongue:

Musically, they are doing very well. Their visual program needs a lot of cleaning. Their guard is also very sloppy at times. By August, they will make a run for top 12. I just wish the Scouts were like the Scouts of old. They used to be strong all season. Hopefully, one day soon they will be strong all season.

anyone having sound issues after Scouts?

ya madisons sound is top heavy, and the drill is dirty and makes absolutely no sense. I think GE scores will suffer because you really do no get the concept of the show. So I have Troopers, Colts, Scouts, Mandarins, Cascades

all in all and excellent first half