Habanero Hot In Houston

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blades of grass, it's not rocket science......the grass is always greener.... :biggrin:

my grass doesnt look like that :tongue:

The story arc is wizard of oz -- the show isnt literally about oz (although everything WAS green in the emerald city...hmmmm) main character is swept away by a storm to a strange new world but in the end realizes there's no place like home. the show title relates to this in that "far away places seem better at a distance but when you get there you realize that where its not really better than where you were." i will agree the relationship between the show title and the story line is clever but not immediately obvious.

Oh! Now it makes more sense. Honest I didn't want to annoy anyone ..if there was no Holy Name ..I figure I'd follow Crown ..I live in the south.

The story arc is wizard of oz -- the show isnt literally about oz (although everything WAS green in the emerald city...hmmmm) main character is swept away by a storm to a strange new world but in the end realizes there's no place like home. the show title relates to this in that "far away places seem better at a distance but when you get there you realize that where its not really better than where you were." i will agree the relationship between the show title and the story line is clever but not immediately obvious.

They look like the Freakin' Jolly Green Giant or Peter Pan, not munchkins or flying monkeys. That's all I'm sayin'...

I still like it.

Blades of grass, it's not rocket science......the grass is always greener.... :biggrin:

oohhhhhhhhh....touchy. Sorry If i offended.

ice cream and brownies was after the Toledo show with Cavies and Colts

hot dogs was after the parades with CC and BC and Crossmen

There's a story about that on "Crossmen Chronicles"

July 4th..."Tonight we have the food truck rodeo after the Wakefield Parade. Boston, Cadets, Carolina Crown and Crossmen prepare food for 800 and share our respective specialties. Boston had roast beef, Cadets prepared burgers and dogs, Crown had their famous pulled pork BBQ and Crossmen had Laura’s famous New Orleans red beans and rice. Everyone ate till they were stuffed."

my grass doesnt look like that :biggrin:

least not in Texas. From what I hear, it's probably a dead looking tan. :tongue:

They look like the Freakin' Jolly Green Giant or Peter Pan, not munchkins or flying monkeys. That's all I'm sayin'...

I still like it.

The guard does represent different story tale characters, not just from the Wizard of Oz, so you are correct! :biggrin:

I've never in my life puked green...now if you want to talk about snot....

Sorry Crown, I'm having a tough time with the snot strings, asparagus, stringy spinach, whatever you want to call them. What are those things supposed to represent anyway? I don't have a problem with the plumes, or the color green, or the peter pan guard outfits, but the green strings have me perplexed.

Remember how EVERYTHING in the emerald city is green -- it was very, very odd and reinforced the strangeness of the place. i was certainly very skeptical when i first saw plumes+cords up close and the first time i saw them at distance it all worked for me. otoh i still think the guard gets lost at certain points of show with all the green. IMHO they need something added to the costume to make them pop a bit more from the corps proper (and if i knew what id suggest it).

The name that comes to mind with me regarding CC color is Shrek!!