Habanero Hot In Houston

recaps are UPPP

Edited by Silver_King

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only PR could keep up with their percussion.

From a reliable source (with a recap in hand):

GE Music - CC - 18.0, HNC - 17.7, BS - 17.1, PR - 16.9

GE Visual - HNC - 18.0, CC - 17.5, GMen - 17.0, BAC - 16.7, BS - 16.5, PR - 16.0, Spirit - 15.5

Vis Perf. - HNC - 17.7, CC - 17.3, PR - 16.5, BAC - 16.4, BS - 16.0

Guard - HNC - 18.0, CC - 17.6, BS - 17.1, BAC - 16.4, PR - 16.3

Brass - CC - 17.9, HNC - 17.8, PR - 16.8, BS - 16.6, BAC - 16.4

Drums - PR - 17.0, CC - 16.5, HNC - 16.3, BAC - 16.2, GMen - 16.0, Spirit - 15.3, BS - 15.1

Great Job G-men in GE visual

I'm a homer, and I'm rooting for my team. It's been a 75 years in the making, and how cool would it be to for the Cadets to win? Simply for the justification of their legitimacy. I know they don't need it and all, but still, as abrasive and envelope pushing as they've been for the last few years, (which I happen to appreciate BTW) they seem to have tried to connect with the crowd this year. After all the hull-ba-looh about Hoppy et al... Face it. He's a mercurial figure. He said on his own blog that since he's been in his position that there's been 2 or 3 directors for BD, likewise for SCV, and 3 or 4 for Phantom. Love him or hate him, he's been the ideological "face" of the Cadets for 28 (?) years and that is impressive no matter how you look at it. And for that I respect him immensely. He's touched an enormous amount of young people either directly (being in the drum corps) or indirectly (countless witnesses over the years who've somehow been inspired). I, for one, hope they win. Not because winning is the ultimate goal, but because it would simply be a beautiful affirmation of all the things the Cadets have stood for. And I say this with my heart firmly on my sleeve. I am an alum. But if they don't win, que sera. In fact, if Crown wins, I'd be ecstatic. Those kids can bang and honk. And having witnesses the rise of Garfield in the early '80's I love the idea that someone who's never won before can grab the brass ring for the first time.

So, Cadets, you make me proud. Regardless of your ultimate position. I think your show and your performance this year is wonderful for both this year's members as well at the ALL of the incredible alumni that have spanned the past 75 years who've made the Cadet a drum corp institution.

If not, well then go Crown! Do it! Become the next big thing and be the best dang drum corps in the world! You've got the talent, so turn some heads and shake things up!! Make this year special!!

Well said. I appreciate your sentiment. You represent well!

From a reliable source (with a recap in hand):

GE Music - CC - 18.0, HNC - 17.7, BS - 17.1, PR - 16.9

GE Visual - HNC - 18.0, CC - 17.5, GMen - 17.0, BAC - 16.7, BS - 16.5, PR - 16.0, Spirit - 15.5

Vis Perf. - HNC - 17.7, CC - 17.3, PR - 16.5, BAC - 16.4, BS - 16.0

Guard - HNC - 18.0, CC - 17.6, BS - 17.1, BAC - 16.4, PR - 16.3

Brass - CC - 17.9, HNC - 17.8, PR - 16.8, BS - 16.6, BAC - 16.4

Drums - PR - 17.0, CC - 16.5, HNC - 16.3, BAC - 16.2, GMen - 16.0, Spirit - 15.3, BS - 15.1

dci.org was easier night all

If only PR could keep up with their percussion.

They even won that caption by a pretty wide margin. I'm surprised their brass and music ensemble scores are that far away from Cadets and Crown. Perhaps they are doing so many visual re-writes, it is hurting musical performance.

can we fire you-know-who...AGAIN?!?!??

I don't have a problem with that.