Habanero Hot In Houston

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.......

what are you smokin?

Anyway, before we get tossed for going off topic...I'm a fan of teams people love to hate.

UConn womens basketball

Yankees

Cadets

and there's probably more...

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a novice viewpoint concerning stadium selections -

Why not try to get UofM's stadium? Regardless of the people that go there, it's tough to argue with 107,501 seats (plus more now). I think they could fill it if (it'll never happen though) finals were there.

Absurd thought, I know

Have to wait at least 9 years for that one. DCI has got Lucas Oil locked up pretty tight, I believe.

i have thought of that to but where would they warm up

Golf course across the street. Pioneer high school(ridiculous amounts of land) kitty corner. Crisler right next door, plus parking lots for both the arena and the stadium.

You can't tell I'm from around there, can you?

Edited by acolli17

Golf course across the street. Pioneer high school kitty corner. Crisler right next door, plus parking lots for both the arena and the stadium.

You can't tell I'm from around there, can you?

im by the water so i dont know that area

I've had the thought of DCI Finals in the '"Big house" before. I think one of the issues is the stadium is just too large. 30,000 would barely register in that thing.

nothing.

she couldn't take Candace even when CP3 was prego.

how's horse-face lately? drink much? ;)

8 National Titles and counting...

livin in the past.......

I'm a homer, and I'm rooting for my team. It's been a 75 years in the making, and how cool would it be to for the Cadets to win? Simply for the justification of their legitimacy. I know they don't need it and all, but still, as abrasive and envelope pushing as they've been for the last few years, (which I happen to appreciate BTW) they seem to have tried to connect with the crowd this year. After all the hull-ba-looh about Hoppy et al... Face it. He's a mercurial figure. He said on his own blog that since he's been in his position that there's been 2 or 3 directors for BD, likewise for SCV, and 3 or 4 for Phantom. Love him or hate him, he's been the ideological "face" of the Cadets for 28 (?) years and that is impressive no matter how you look at it. And for that I respect him immensely. He's touched an enormous amount of young people either directly (being in the drum corps) or indirectly (countless witnesses over the years who've somehow been inspired). I, for one, hope they win. Not because winning is the ultimate goal, but because it would simply be a beautiful affirmation of all the things the Cadets have stood for. And I say this with my heart firmly on my sleeve. I am an alum. But if they don't win, que sera. In fact, if Crown wins, I'd be ecstatic. Those kids can bang and honk. And having witnesses the rise of Garfield in the early '80's I love the idea that someone who's never won before can grab the brass ring for the first time.

So, Cadets, you make me proud. Regardless of your ultimate position. I think your show and your performance this year is wonderful for both this year's members as well at the ALL of the incredible alumni that have spanned the past 75 years who've made the Cadet a drum corp institution.

If not, well then go Crown! Do it! Become the next big thing and be the best dang drum corps in the world! You've got the talent, so turn some heads and shake things up!! Make this year special!!

I'm a homer, and I'm rooting for my team. It's been a 75 years in the making, and how cool would it be to for the Cadets to win? Simply for the justification of their legitimacy. I know they don't need it and all, but still, as abrasive and envelope pushing as they've been for the last few years, (which I happen to appreciate BTW) they seem to have tried to connect with the crowd this year. After all the hull-ba-looh about Hoppy et al... Face it. He's a mercurial figure. He said on his own blog that since he's been in his position that there's been 2 or 3 directors for BD, likewise for SCV, and 3 or 4 for Phantom. Love him or hate him, he's been the ideological "face" of the Cadets for 28 (?) years and that is impressive no matter how you look at it. And for that I respect him immensely. He's touched an enormous amount of young people either directly (being in the drum corps) or indirectly (countless witnesses over the years who've somehow been inspired). I, for one, hope they win. Not because winning is the ultimate goal, but because it would simply be a beautiful affirmation of all the things the Cadets have stood for. And I say this with my heart firmly on my sleeve. I am an alum. But if they don't win, que sera. In fact, if Crown wins, I'd be ecstatic. Those kids can bang and honk. And having witnesses the rise of Garfield in the early '80's I love the idea that someone who's never won before can grab the brass ring for the first time.

So, Cadets, you make me proud. Regardless of your ultimate position. I think your show and your performance this year is wonderful for both this year's members as well at the ALL of the incredible alumni that have spanned the past 75 years who've made the Cadet a drum corp institution.

If not, well then go Crown! Do it! Become the next big thing and be the best dang drum corps in the world! You've got the talent, so turn some heads and shake things up!! Make this year special!!

Here's a fan who knows how to express his opinion without ####### too many people off.

Edited by acolli17