Carolina Crown's Guard

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I saw them very early and I noticed that they were wearing chartreuse "housewife" outfits and that's about all that I noticed until the show was over. Maybe it's because the brass are doing a lot of dance moves and they wear white which stands out more? Dunno.

:thumbdown:

I really think that the color scheme is hurting the guard so far. What the Cadets's guard have done so well is the color of their flag and the simplistic formation on key climax of the show. I still don't quite understand how Crown's show title has any relevance to the music. Adding more dynamic color (anything that would stand out from a sea of cream and light green) would definitely enhance the visual clarity of Crown's guard.

Not everyone can have " IT" all the time..will always be and off year in some form or another from corps to corps.

I've yet to see them, but it must be hard to keep up with previous years. Crown's guard is probably my favorite guard.

I really think that the color scheme is hurting the guard so far. What the Cadets's guard have done so well is the color of their flag and the simplistic formation on key climax of the show. I still don't quite understand how Crown's show title has any relevance to the music. Adding more dynamic color (anything that would stand out from a sea of cream and light green) would definitely enhance the visual clarity of Crown's guard.

Agreed, they need a contrast color in there.

I've yet to see them, but it must be hard to keep up with previous years. Crown's guard is probably my favorite guard.

Agreed - I've always been a huge fan of Crown's guard. But as other posters have mentioned, perhaps this is an 'off' year for them. And if an off year means scoring below the top scoring guard by mere tenths, that ain't so bad. It just kinda sucks that it is the year the Crown is really putting on a fight for the top.