Carolina Crown's Guard

FYI Phantom Regiment won last year with just about the same level of a guard book... So, it may not take them out of the race...

But because of the nature of PR's show, the guard was an integral part of the story. That's not the case with Crown.

I'm a brass guy as well. I notice other captions only when they're extraordinary (one way or the other.) For the past few years, Crown's guard stood out. This year, I couldn't tell you much about them...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But because of the nature of PR's show, the guard was an integral part of the story. That's not the case with Crown.

I'm a brass guy as well. I notice other captions only when they're extraordinary (one way or the other.) For the past few years, Crown's guard stood out. This year, I couldn't tell you much about them...

I hear you! As far as equipment books Crown 09 vs. PR 08 are equal. As far as GE, PR's guard had much more to give us!

I hear you! As far as equipment books Crown 09 vs. PR 08 are equal.

Strongly disagree.

Crown's weapon book surpasses anything PR did last year. Thats some GREAT Michael Townsend choreography right there.

These weapons are doing a lot more than any other guard right now, my belief as to why they might still be dirty.

As for the Crown flags...typical Adam Sage flag line. Cute twirls, but dirty.

For me, PR 08 is the only Adam Sage guard that never lived up to the potential of the book they were given.

PR 05-07 were some pretty great guards, the best he's put out. SCV 04 was great too, as well as the 03 guard. But go back and watch the shows on high cam, focus on the flag line. There is significantly more dirt than other guards.

Hopefully it will pull together.

Crown Guard has always been one of my favorites. They are still good this year, but the surprising amount of dirt that remains is catching a lot of us fans off guard (no pun intended)

Edited by ScoutSpinner03

Strongly disagree.

Crown's weapon book surpasses anything PR did last year. Thats some GREAT Michael Townsend choreography right there.

These weapons are doing a lot more than any other guard right now, my belief as to why they might still be dirty.

As for the Crown flags...typically Adam Sage flag line. Cute twirls, but dirty.

For me, PR 08 is the only Adam Sage guard that never lived up to the potential of the book they were given.

PR 05-07 were some pretty great guards, the best he's put out. SCV 04 was great too, as well as the 03 guard. But go back and watch the shows on high cam, focus on the flag line. There is significantly more dirt than other guards.

Crown Guard has always been one of my favorites. They are still good this year, but the surprising amount of dirt that remains is catching a lot of us fans off guard (no pun intended)

it's the design that makes them that way, no matter how hard they tried to cleaned up. there are too many little cute flourishes and artsy twirls that just can't project to the box.

Edited by chaos001

As for the Crown flags...typically Adam Sage flag line. Cute twirls, but dirty.

Do Michael and Adam do the cleaning once the book is written and staged or does that come under the responsibility of someone else - overseen by the two?

Do Michael and Adam do the cleaning once the book is written and staged or does that come under the responsibility of someone else - overseen by the two?

I'd assume that its a little of both.

When I marched, we had technicians that cleaned each section. Every now and then, the writer would clean their own work or step in if something wasn't cleaned to their satisfaction.

Despite all this discussion, CCCG is just .4 behind the BD and .2 behind HNC and SCV. I'll just leave it at that ($1 to Tekk).

/me off topic

what's with everyone giving Tekk money? has he recently submitted a copyright to collect royalties for everyone who quotes him...and if so, where do i sign up? :huh:

/me topic

@LincolnV: i thought Sage was hired there to oversee day to day operations...so i'd assume it'd be his duty to take care of things. :thumbdown:

Despite all this discussion, CCCG is just .4 behind the BD and .2 behind HNC and SCV. I'll just leave it at that ($1 to Tekk).

You guys keep leaving me dollars, I'll have enough money for gas on my drive to Indy in August.

But honestly, I am more of a horn person than a guard person, but Cadets guard captures me more than any others. It may be because I marched there, but so be it. I loved Crown's guard last year and in 2007, much more than Cadets. But Cadets' guard is absolutely on fire this year. Not exactly sure why this year's Crown's guard is not having the same effect on me as previous years.