Troopers

I am so happy about how Troopers are doing this year. A few observations:

It is amazing how much they have improved in just one year.

Their guard is triple the size and really good.

When was the last time, if ever, they beat the Madison Scouts?

And finally, a big thank you to the entire organization who was able to bring the corps back and do so well. This is such a wonderful story. We hear so many stories about corps folding or in financial trouble but here we have an incredible success story.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copied from Dylan Ford

Saturday June 28, 2008

Madison, WI DCI Madison presented by Drums on Parade STADIUM: Camp Randall Stadium

World Class

1 The Cavaliers 79.500

2 The Cadets 77.200

3 Bluecoats 75.000

4 Carolina Crown 74.600

5 Boston Crusaders 71.100

6 Blue Stars 69.700

6 Glassmen 69.700

8 Blue Knights 68.400

9 Spirit 67.900

10 Crossmen 66.800

11 Troopers 65.700

12 Madison Scouts 65.400

13 Pioneer 58.700

I am so happy about how Troopers are doing this year. A few observations:

It is amazing how much they have improved in just one year.

Their guard is triple the size and really good.

When was the last time, if ever, they beat the Madison Scouts?

And finally, a big thank you to the entire organization who was able to bring the corps back and do so well. This is such a wonderful story. We hear so many stories about corps folding or in financial trouble but here we have an incredible success story.

I agree! I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the Fan Network webcast from Denver. I am not usually a fan of ambitious rearrangements of a classic composition (West Side Story) in which the melody is very much altered. For some reason this works for me. The voicings are very rich and the show is just plain fun to experience. This is the first time in a long time that I have been impressed by the Troopers. Thank you for the very successful comeback. It is, indeed a great drum corps story.

I love their performance thus far this year. I marched Troop last year, and I went somewhere else for this summer (certain things kept me from touring), and as soon as I saw Troop, I really wanted to be back there. Being part of last year was great, being a part of the beginning of the push for finals, I wish I could have followed through and helped them the rest of the way. Part of me wants to go back (but the other part of me wants to fulfill the position I had at the other corps I made). Go Troop! and I can't wait to see you guys in Ohio!

Looking good for Troop fans! :thumbdown:

20090713-tac8s1dmmgm76xennqemrqiqpi.png

(DCI iPhone app coming in August.)

Boy what are they spiking the Kool Aid with now. :huh:

Looking good for Troop fans! :thumbdown:

20090713-tac8s1dmmgm76xennqemrqiqpi.png

(DCI iPhone app coming in August.)

coming out in August?? a little late. haha oh well....will be awesome for next season.

I have a feeling that my fellow Troop alumni will be coming down off our high from this weekend soon. We've had our moment of joy, and now it's back to the hard work.

I always looked at this summer as something similar to 1993. That year we went out with a significantly harder show than usual with the goal of improving. We didn't improve in placement, but the level of the corps grew because of the higher demand. It paid off in spades in 94 and 95.

2009 is a year of getting the vets used to more difficult shows. If it pays off in Finals, then that's great. If not, then people are still going to be talking about this show in years to come just like they do about 1995 and the corps will be ready to make another giant leap in 2010.

I have a feeling that my fellow Troop alumni will be coming down off our high from this weekend soon. We've had our moment of joy, and now it's back to the hard work.

I always looked at this summer as something similar to 1993. That year we went out with a significantly harder show than usual with the goal of improving. We didn't improve in placement, but the level of the corps grew because of the higher demand. It paid off in spades in 94 and 95.

2009 is a year of getting the vets used to more difficult shows. If it pays off in Finals, then that's great. If not, then people are still going to be talking about this show in years to come just like they do about 1995 and the corps will be ready to make another giant leap in 2010.

What he said :thumbdown:

coming out in August?? a little late. haha oh well....will be awesome for next season.

Well hey, I've been using it all season on my phone. :thumbdown: