Blue Devils show

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like your response. i still think it is easy. so what you are saying is that because they make moves harder by having to adjust throughout the move that is hard. yes harder than it needs to be.

i agree that they have hard parts. there is no doubt there. just that the sustained velocity we become so accustomed to is no longer present in BD.

What? They don't purposely design moves like that so they are "harder than it needs to be." They put those in because that is what the visual designers think is the appropriate looking move for that time in the show. A moving curvilinear form requires the members march in that way.

so why do you think that judges aren't docking them for easy shows? It is simply not possible to win a championship with an EASY show. so why do you feel like they have won 95% of the shows they have been in since 2006? or is everyone wrong but you?

because judges dont judge on difficulty. if you read one of my first posts i suggested that maybe some type of olympic diving type of rubric where final score is tabulated with difficulty imbeded into the final score.

Guys, stop poking the troll. Leave him to his troll-like things.

But we already got scores.

And we're BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED

i can tell you right now i could march that show. i dont need to put on a uni to know that. no need to curse here my friend.

Then do it. Till then... don't assume the show's content is elementary to the abilities of the members.

Edited by Dmiggles

because judges dont judge on difficulty. if you read one of my first posts i suggested that maybe some type of olympic diving type of rubric where final score is tabulated with difficulty imbeded into the final score.

difficulty might not be on the sheets, but you are straight up naive if you think its not in the judges minds when comparing corps throughout an evening.

Ok.... Judges.... don't..... judge..... difficulty. When did they get rid of the repertoire and content captions?

I really hope the Blue Devils win DCI this year & start a new trend towards entertaining melodic shows.

Guys, stop poking the troll. Leave him to his troll-like things.

See, I don't really consider this "trolling" because it seems many members on DCP have the same opinion that the OP has, and that saddens me. I want to do everything I can to educate people so they don't get swept up in the "Blue Devils have and easy show" sentiment. I've seen it before.