Blue Devils show

You mean after the mob attacked?

It doesn't matter where he marched, truly, if you're weighing the merits of his arguments. It appears the only reason folks were asking about that was to bash his corps or attack his capabilities--ad hominem arguments.

I didn't see much in the way of trying to dissect specific show elements to establish the ease or lack thereof to rebut/refute his contentions. There were bits that I found interesting that actually spoke to his criticisms; most of what I read involved ad hominem attacks. Just so y'all know, from here, it appears he's pwned everybody who ignored his criticisms and launched ad hominem attacks. Not that I think you care, just providing it as an outside observation.

I'll leave off and let you continue the bashing now.

Thanks you for making me look "ad hominem" up in the dictionary (yes, I'll admit, didn't know...) and that fits this discussion which I think was the OPs intent with the "I could do this in 9th grade" kind of comments thrown in.

Edited by anniem

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the crux of the entire argument. You are saying that you wish that BD would march a difficult show and live up to their potential. This implies that they are not marching a difficult show. If you are going to come here and say that BD is marching an easy show, then you should be prepared to post some sort of proof to back up that claim. So far noone has posted any evidence at all that explains why BD's show is easy. Just that "in their opinion" it is easy.

Alot of people have tried to say that because they have 50 championship rings, or x amount of experience that they are qualified to say that the show is easy and that this represents some sort of proof. That is not evidence. That is all anyone is asking for in this thread! People come here, post that in their opinion (for example), the Cavaliers have the easiest drum book of all time and they should be dead last with no evidence. When you state an opinion based on something that is provable to a bunch of people that are WAY more qualified to make that determination then you, you should expect those people to get combative. Conversely if you want to come here and say "I hate the Blue Devils." that is all fine and good. Noone here is arguing that are not within in your rights to like or dislike anything. I don't this is a very difficult concept to understand and yet it seems to escape alot of the people in this thread.

Ya. I mean I can't pull out a drill book and show you anything. But when the shapes are long lines the whole time, and only jazz running at the end, there isn't much proof needed. You can look at somoene drill, like say the cavaliers, and see diagonals all over the place. You can see blocks, andI do understand that not all drill has to be geometric, but I do also know that at those tempos, it is harder. Yes archs, and curves are hard. But when that takes up most of your drill book, and there is barely any movement, than its difficult to call that "hard" drill. My evidence is just purely to watch a show. Ofcourse thats not "valued" evidence, so therefore my oppinion isnt "valued". And also, I dont really "hate" any corps, because usually if there is a flaw with the show design/music/drill, its not the marchers fault alot of the times. Its the design teams fault. So I wouldn't say I hate BD. One more thing, when I am talking about BD, I'm talking about the more recent BD. like the 2000 and beyond. I do not hate Bd because they win all the time, its more that the years that they do win, there are shows below them that IMO had more to offer demand wise. But then again, none of us can control any of that. Who ever has a cleaner book should win, along with execution. I guess overall, I wish judges would pay more attention to visually demand and give it more credit.

Edited by MariaCrown2010

Ya. I mean I can't pull out a drill book and show you anything. But when the shapes are long lines the whole time, and only jazz running at the end, there isn't much proof needed. You can look at somoene drill, like say the cavaliers, and see diagonals all over the place.

You think the Cavies aren't winning because they have a harder show?!?! That wasn't the reason they lost in Normal or Decatur. They lost because they didn't play as well or perform as well.

You mean after the mob attacked?

It doesn't matter where he marched, truly, if you're weighing the merits of his arguments. It appears the only reason folks were asking about that was to bash his corps or attack his capabilities--ad hominem arguments.

I didn't see much in the way of trying to dissect specific show elements to establish the ease or lack thereof to rebut/refute his contentions. There were bits that I found interesting that actually spoke to his criticisms; most of what I read involved ad hominem attacks. Just so y'all know, from here, it appears he's pwned everybody who ignored his criticisms and launched ad hominem attacks. Not that I think you care, just providing it as an outside observation.

I'll leave off and let you continue the bashing now.

I don't think it was to bash his corps. And if you notice, since we've found out where he marched, there really hasn't been a whole lot of bashing specifically the Cavaliers themselves. Not saying there hasn't been any, just not a whole lot and I haven't looked to make sure, but I don't think that was the intention of the people who originally asked (I think I was first to question it). I could be wrong, I haven't taken the time to reread all 23 pages. I just think a lot of people were wondering where he marched, if anywhere at all, to try to understand why he would make the claims he stated. I'd like to think anyone that marched wouldn't make such claims as "This show is nowhere near hard, I could do it easily". Even more so if he didn't march anywhere, we wanted proof that he did march, and he provided it. I backed down after another statement made by cuban, I think my entire response was "ok"

I'd like to think that most of the things I said weren't ad hominem. I could be wrong though, I was tired last night, and can't remember everything.

Edited by acolli17

Can anyone tell me what trolls eat? I know dorkfish eat corndogs from listening to Bill Engvall but I believe this to be a pertinent question considering the amount of new trolls hanging out here today

Say hello to CubanM11's "friend" Stephen69 y'all! :thumbup:

He can be my friend...because I don't really see Cavies as a threat this year. <--- notice, an opinion! so don't jump all over it!!

Edited by Steven69

You think the Cavies aren't winning because they have a harder show?!?! That wasn't the reason they lost in Normal or Decatur. They lost because they didn't play as well or perform as well.

huh? I was acually complimenting them for having hard drill...