• 8 - good
    • 7 - decent
    • 6 - okay
    • 5 - neutral
    • 4 - meh
    • 3 - bad
    • 2 - god-awful
    • 1 - one of the worst ever

it's good so far, but there is way too much season left to truly tell. i expect a lot more leap frogging the next few weeks can elevate it, but if that leap frogging is all from 2 on down, it will take away from how good it could be

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think this is one of the best ever...there are SO many story lines going right now...

BD's chairs of doom...the Cadet/Crown duel...SCV the people's choice...Cadets 75th...Colts/Troop/Scouts/etc...

Phantom's descent...Boston's ascent...its a Bluuuu winter....who's gonna make the top five??? who's gonna make

the finals???

We have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Regional this weekend....and two weeks till the quarters...

and ANYTHING can happen!

If you aren't on the edge of your seat every night scoreboard watching and counting the minutes to the next

show or fancast...you are really really missing out.

oh course, this is just one fan's opinion.

Cali.

Edited by Calistar

Three weeks til Quarters, not 2.

even better...

Cali.

Season not over yet.

I actually think this is a great season for drum corps. I like when corps are successful with shows they've never tried (i.e. Crown, SCV, Blu) and the competition for 12th is amazing. I will probably order both semi's and finals this year because all these corps are pushing themselves more than usual.

I think it is a great season, too because of the unpredictability. I am not even sure who I truly like. I know I really love the music this year, especially BD, Crown, Cadets, and SCV. I've enjoyed the guard work in BD (of course), but there a few others guard groups in some parts of their shows that make me go "Wow." I am still unsure of some of the shows as a whole but overall....great job keeping me interested. :tongue:

Edited by txorchdork013

I'll tell you after I find out who wins and where my team finshes. That could be the determining factor whether this is a GREAT season or a disappointing season.

ON a side note, is there anyone on the east coast that is buying into the notion that SCV is the fan favorite this year? Just curious

I would rate this season as different. All the usual show themes and other just standards are not as present this year. Corps that were good are now struggling and corps that some people put out of their minds are now showing that they have a lot of fight left in them. This is pretty much the underdog season and I like that. It was time for a change to say. It's going to make Drum Corps more interesting in the future where we don't have these talent or funding breaks anymore. I hated the seasons where you could predict things right away and really nothing changed this season everyone is bouncing up and down the charts, plus it makes it more of a competition. I'm excited to see next year with all these changes maybe more corps like Academy and Pio can finally get some spot lights instead of always being that corp that you love, but always comes in the last few spots.

I agree and that was one of my points in a thread below. I get so tired of the same corps winning each year. Hence, it is why I was glad that Phantom won last year. I hope that Crown wins this year. Because that really would keep things more interesting.

Edited by En929

*bump* for more votes