Could Troopers be this years Phantom

That's partly because they've had 2 days where they didn't have shows dating back to 7/5. Downside- little to no time to add new stuff. Upside- plenty of time to clean what's there, which is showing right now.

Well, yeah. That was the point of my comment. :shutup:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't put great stock in any of the regionals...particularly the SW regional (because your placement in San Antonio and a buck and change will get you a ride on the county bus)...but I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for our Trooper brothers and sisters. Their alumni must be very, very proud of those kids...and deservedly so. I remember that year with no Troop...I don't ever want to imagine a world of drum corps with no Troopers in it. Best put 'em in Finals where we can keep an eye on 'em.

:shutup:

You had that world. 3 years ago. And now look what we've done ;)

I don't put great stock in any of the regionals...particularly the SW regional (because your placement in San Antonio and a buck and change will get you a ride on the county bus)...but I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for our Trooper brothers and sisters. Their alumni must be very, very proud of those kids...and deservedly so. I remember that year with no Troop...I don't ever want to imagine a world of drum corps with no Troopers in it. Best put 'em in Finals where we can keep an eye on 'em.

:shutup:

Thank you so much for these kind words. I'll write more when I'm not dog tired. It's been a hard but rewarding week as a volunteer on tour. I'm one very proud alum. If you were at San An and you heard a group of people screaming with joy over in a tunnel near the souvie booths, that was me and several other alums and fans.

Now I'm going to sleep. In a bed. Finally. For many, many hours. Goodnight, and GO TROOP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TerriTroop

Good job last night Troopers!!! We had about 15 over at our house to watch San Antonio and EVERYBODY yelled for joy when Troop was announced in 12th place. While finals is still 3 weeks away it was nice to see. Jim Jones must be smiling.

Kemo

Thank you so much for these kind words. I'll write more when I'm not dog tired. It's been a hard but rewarding week as a volunteer on tour. I'm one very proud alum. If you were at San An and you heard a group of people screaming with joy over in a tunnel near the souvie booths, that was me and several other alums and fans.

Now I'm going to sleep. In a bed. Finally. For many, many hours. Goodnight, and GO TROOP!!!!!!!!!

After watching the Troopers last night, ( albeit computer screen ) they have really improved since I saw them last. I think they are definately in the hunt to get back into the Finals, and I'd really enjoy seeing them accomplish that this year !

I KNOW that the $2000+ in flights, accom etc it's costing me to get to finals is going to be will worth it!!! Troop shirts are all washed and ready to be packed away for the trip!!!

I toured with Troop from all days thru till finals last year and I am so proud of what they have achieved over the last 2 years!! GO TROOP!!!!

I actually had a written warning at work 2 days ago from using my phone to check scores, when my manager asked why I had my phone out I explained, his reply was "it's not a life or death situation is it?" I instantly replied with "YES!" to wich he responded with a written warning... I shall know to be more sneeky with my phone at work from now on!!

What Fred Morris has done with this drum corps in the three years since he has taken over the reigns is nothing short of spectacular. Congrats Fred. Hope your kids make it to the finals. They are magnificent.

I would also like to congratulate Mr. Morris, along with a brilliant staff that has been assembled.

Having been around the block a few times, I know these kind of successes are accomplished by a host of people. In addition I think congratulations are in order to Mr. Mike Ottoes who has worked behind the scenes (as the often under appreciated executive director) to make the Troopers a financially stable organization. Along with these front line men, there are also many volunteers, alumni, and office staff who should be very proud.

Lastly I would like to congratulate posthumously Jim Jones. He was the man who established a unique organization and built a "brand" based on character, hard work, loyalty, commitment, etc. There are still lessons to be learned from those generations who have come before who believed integrity was to be emphasized over scores. These others who have come after Mr. Jones are the fortunate beneficiaries of the solid foundation he built.

Long Live the Troopers!

it's been 23 years since troopers last made finals (1986) and for them to make it this year would be an amazing comeback from the dead in just 3 short years.

But would the troopers making finals overtake any of the following as the seasons biggest surprise/acheivement if they were also to occur while troop made finals?

1. Crown winning it all

2. Crown making top 3

3. Bluecoats making top 3

4. Phantom dropping to 8th or lower after winning the previous year

5. A corps in the bottom 6 of finals winning drums (Phantom)

6. Blue Stars making top 6

Would the troopers be a bigger story than each of these if they were to occur?

it's been 23 years since troopers last made finals (1986) and for them to make it this year would be an amazing comeback from the dead in just 3 short years.

But would the troopers making finals overtake any of the following as the seasons biggest surprise/acheivement if they were also to occur while troop made finals?

1. Crown winning it all

2. Crown making top 3

3. Bluecoats making top 3

4. Phantom dropping to 8th or lower after winning the previous year

5. A corps in the bottom 6 of finals winning drums (Phantom)

6. Blue Stars making top 6

Would the troopers be a bigger story than each of these if they were to occur?

YES!!!