Best single minute of drum corps

If you could pick one 60 second interval of music from any show throughout history, what would you choose as the best?

So many Corps..... so little time.

Ok, here's one..... " Symphony N0. 6 Choral ", Blue Devils final closer, 2006 (" The Godfather" )

When you play it, and you don't turn your speakers volume down, your speakers will explode and window glass will crack and shatter all around you.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last minute of Scouts '88, or last minute of Scouts '95.

Yeah, I'm a huge Scouts fan, but I thought about it really hard and tried to be unbiased.

Last minute of 1991 Star of Indiana....hands down...Zingali's Magnum Opus.

I love that minute as well, but for me it's either of a couple of minutes from Cadets '84 - maybe Maria, but I think the spot in I Have a Love where the sops entered from the back of the field and continued to crescendo visually and musically.

Or the Tonight hit.

After that would be '83 Garfield with the hit in Agnus Dei from The Mass. The mellophones left every (yes, kiddies - EVERY) hair on my body standing for like 5 minutes.

As an instructor it would be different - Spanish Dreams at Mile High in '78. Almost any minute from '84 Bayonne.

I'm assuming you're not interested in anything DCA?

Russian Sailors' Dance from 94 BOSCRU or the hit in Russian Easter.

It's really a different deal depending on which hat you're remembering.

Now that's just cheating. Pick ONE.

It's impossible to pick one.... so we cheat ( haha!)

If it's Junior Corps, and I'm down to my last few breaths before HE wisks me away, then play me:

Agnus Dei, " Adagio for Strings ", SC Vanguard, 2000, and let me die in peace with a smile on my face with a sad song played with verve.

Edited by BRASSO

The company front push Spirit of Atlanta's 1976 "Let It Be Me." The audience stood up at the beginning of the push and didn't sit down through the entire last minute of the show. I never witnessed that before or since.

Ahhhhh, great memories.

1976??? I know the crowd went nuts in 79 and 80 but don't remember them even competing in 76?

Kemo

I'll throw in another one- last minute of Cavies' show in 1990. Awesome symmetrical drill at high speeds.

With SO MANY great corps thru the years (it did say in all of history right?) I don't know how to pick my top 10 let alone best ever single minute. But right up there would have to be 83 Madison's closer (Memory from Cats). Crowd wents nuts half way thru and all the way to the end. You can barely hear the corps. Hair standing up, tears welling and heart pumping. Wow.

Does DCA count? If so, another favorite minute... Michael Boo and his marvelous garden hose! :tongue:

I've always been surprised and grateful that never ended up on YouTube. One year later and it might have. I think people were so shocked they were unable to film it, or else their cameras spontaneously exploded in repulsion.