So what do you do on the long bus rides?

Sorry buddy, we got movies! :P

We would also have bus wars! FUN TIMES!

We would also have some massage time, where we would switch bus partners just to get a little scenery change!

OH YES!!! I almost forgot Bus Feet! Anyone else get that?!

:devil: My son talks of "bus wars" and :thumbup: Bus feet!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry buddy, we got movies! :P

We would also have bus wars! FUN TIMES!

We would also have some massage time, where we would switch bus partners just to get a little scenery change!

Bus feet, ufda. Like trying to walk on water balloons.

I HATED BUS FEET. I hated them so much, I almost didn't come back to drum corps for my final years. I even kept an extra pillow in my bed roll to prop my feet up when we got floor time.

Bus feet are the devil.

That is all.

Hahaha!! ahhh yes the memories are flooding back.. Like that one time that.. oh.. not appropreate... Ummm what about when...!! umm no better not... there are parents reading...

I didnt tour as a marching member but I did tour on the overflow bus as a staff member to "supervise" but I was the same age as the kids marching so they treated me as just another member so it was crazy times.. I got lucky in being a vollenteer member and got seats rite near the back of the bus, including the 2 n front that were facing the back.. so I cramed extra sleeping bags between the 2 sets of seats and TADA! an almost full size bed! There were a couple of rows at the back of the bus like that so it gained the name of 1st class!!

On a side note, heres a good giggle at a troop bus... i THINK it was the drum bus... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-K8BIOaSs BUS PARTY! (And to who ever filmed it.. I think ther were only like 2-3 members who actually live in Wyoming lol)

If you're 6' 2" like me, you gotta hawk for when people stop moving around. That's the time to grab the aisle floor for sleeping. Way better than trying to sleep in a cramped seat, you can actually stretch out.

One year, I somehow (I still have no idea how) scored the very back triple-seat all to myself. There was just enough room for me to lay down in the fetal position to sleep. The problem was that our bus driver had somewhat of a lead foot, so just as I would be nodding off he'd slam on the brakes and I would roll forward and get wedged between my seat and the seatback in front of me.

That's probably the only part of drum corps I don't miss. Being 6' 2" and trying to sleep on the bus.

Edited by MagicBobert

I hear ya on the 6'2" thing...I just could not sleep in one seat, no matter how hard I tried so I always took to the floor until my last yr when I scored my own 2 seats. being able to cuddle up with the gf helped...but not much :thumbup:

6'6" here. My seat partners each of my three seasons were all lucky, because I was that guy who hit the aisle five minutes into the ride and made everyone climb over me.

Pretty boring response for the topic, but it worked.

Oh, and riding '70s vintage buses well into the 2000s was awesome.

what happens on the bus stays on the bus :thumbup:

This!

The best is the nights where you were trying to have a conversation a sleep, but more importantly were trying to ignore the people have sex a seat or two away.