Favorite show WITHOUT a clear theme or story

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I hate 'story' shows, since they highlight some of the worst WGI (Waiting for Guffman, International) aspects of the form.

LMAO. That's awesome.

As far as non-story shows, I always liked anytime the Crossmen did anything with Metheny. There were never storylines, but always a good time.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Cadets 1991. That whole show was one big, odd quirky risk and I loved it. :tongue:

Also:

Star 93

SCV 99

Cadets 01

Phantom 01

Cadets 03

Phantom 03

I can't believe no one has mentioned Cadets 1991. That whole show was one big, odd quirky risk and I loved it.

Cadets 1991 had a very literal story in the ballad...

Cadets 1991 had a very literal story in the ballad...

Is that the picnic blankets and overalls? It was such an obvious transition from Short Ride in a Fast Machine. :tongue:

Is that the picnic blankets and overalls? It was such an obvious transition from Short Ride in a Fast Machine. :tongue:

And the construction workers. The story was about how each worker had their special girl except for this one guy that they focused on. He was always after this girl and she never took notice of him. On finals night (or at least they changed it sometime during championships) he finally gets the girl and runs off with her at the end of the ballad. The mellophone solos are supposed to represent the guy's longing, and soprano/mellophone duets are supposed to represent the guy and the girl finding each other.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Crossmen '99, BD '92, Star '89 (Does that count? Screw it, its one of my favs),

Crossmen '02, BD '99, PR '89, HolyCadetsofBergenfield-Garfield '81, BD '76, SCV '80,

Bridgemen '83, 2-7 '80

And, of course, the finals performance of the '75 Muchachos... :lol:

:tongue: