Mufreesboro

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we think the reason is Crown is losing momentum?!?

SCV - They finally have a show that is well paced and achievable. It appeals to audiences and judges alike while also feeding off of the corps history.

My boss has a Bachelors' in music from YSU, and a lot of kids from my high school band (Pittsburgh) went there.

Kiski or Seneca Valley? YSU definitely recruits those schools and others in Pittsburgh very well.

Did the show make you cry?

(Or throw babies?)

Company front reforms. Corps takes off on the psych Z pull .... Contra's play the low note and turn back field. I'm standing on the 40 in the upper deck and scream at the top of my lungs, "YOU'RE AWESOME GARFIELLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD". Jingle bells fire up ... crowd reacts ... mayhem ensues.

I was 16 and it was the most Godly thing I had ever witnessed. That was then .... today I just cry.

So what's the question? Was it awesome? YES! Was it groundbreaking? YES! Was it a masterpiece? YES

Anything specific you want to know?

Plus the fact that it was one of the BEST top 12 (top to bottom) ever!!! Was there and everyone blew me away.

So what do we think the reason is Crown is losing momentum?!?

SCV's show is just too good. Their whole concept and design is very clear without excess fluff. It all makes sense and they are almost at the point of mastering the performance aspect. Crown has a more convoluted theme that doesn't project with as much clarity and I think the contrast is becoming more apparent as everyone else in the upper group cleans up.

Company front reforms. Corps takes off on the psych Z pull .... Contra's play the low note and turn back field. I'm standing on the 40 in the upper deck and scream at the top of my lungs, "YOU'RE AWESOME GARFIELLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD". Jingle bells fire up ... crowd reacts ... mayhem ensues.

I was 16 and it was the most Godly thing I had ever witnessed. That was then .... today I just cry.

That was a goosebump moment!

by the way, where are we in the show?

SCV's show is just too good. Their whole concept and design is very clear without excess fluff. It all makes sense and they are almost at the point of mastering the performance aspect. Crown has a more convoluted theme that doesn't project with as much clarity and I think the contrast is becoming more apparent as everyone else in the upper group cleans up.

Agree 100%