Santa Clara Vanguard...

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I'm going to have to play the devil's advocate here. The side toast was appropriate in the beginning of the season so that it could show the audience exactly what it was without a doubt. Now that we know what it is, and there's no question, the change to the front seems to be obvious... she (and by extension, they) is toasting the audience. I, for one, like the change. It's very befitting of SCV. The Santa Clara Vanguard has ALWAYS been about their connection with the audience, and a toast directly to us is extremely flattering. I applaud it! :blink:

---------------------------------

SCV Bari/Euph 1998-2001

Agreed. It's nice that's she's toasting the audience, and not the endzone. Much more heartfelt and direct.

Edited by flam control

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I'm going to have to play the devil's advocate here. The side toast was appropriate in the beginning of the season so that it could show the audience exactly what it was without a doubt. Now that we know what it is, and there's no question, the change to the front seems to be obvious... she (and by extension, they) is toasting the audience. I, for one, like the change. It's very befitting of SCV. The Santa Clara Vanguard has ALWAYS been about their connection with the audience, and a toast directly to us is extremely flattering. I applaud it! :blink:

Not everyone's seen the show...and the Toast has plenty of connection...better for the crowd to see it. It's a visual...visual's must be seen to be effective, especially if it's a solo.

The way it is now, you might as well just have her at attention during it.

Jesse, no doubt. I haven't really looked at it that way. But I do see your point. I'm just going on visual impact. I feel the side toast just gives the pose a larger viewing spectrum for the audience to see. And I love being able to see the Star with the toast. It just looks Classic to me. And it's harder to see form the front view. But your points have made me like the new version a little more.

Edited by Feathers Up

Not everyone's seen the show...and the Toast has plenty of connection...better for the crowd to see it. It's a visual...visual's must be seen to be effective, especially if it's a solo.

The way it is now, you might as well just have her at attention during it.

This may sound very presumptuous of me, and I may very well be wrong, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that an OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of the people going to Indy this year know that it is a toast (whether it is because they saw SCV early season, they frequent the DCP forums, or they know what the legendary SCV toast is and will recognize it right away). Besides, unless you're on the 50 (or possibly between the 45s) you're going to see what it is (and the people in between the 45s are most likely going to know exactly what it is anyway).

That being said, I wouldn't deem it impossible that they might make it a side pose again for finals (for extra effect). Again, however, I'd like to point out that I'm completely flattered that they are toasting the audience now, and that I get it.

Ok, I'm sot sure what just happened but my entire post just went away while I was trying to edit something. lol. oh well

lol DOH, Clint. Try again :blink:

lol DOH, Clint. Try again :blink:

Ok, I went back and fixed it.

Also, does anyone know where I can find that pic Wildabeast took of the side toast? Or can you link it here? That was a great pic!

Edited by Feathers Up

Thank you Beast!! That should be on a poster or t-shirt. Seriously!