COLTS GET THE SHAFT

Please explain to me how every single World Class score goes up from San Antonio to Murfreesboro except the Colts their score went down.... (Oh sorry Madison stayed the same). Seems to me there is some strange judging going on....Can anyone guess why? IMHO the Colts have improved since San Antonio....but according to the judges they are the only corps out there to actually get worse.

Edited for sake of not offending others....Not my intention.

Nah, your corps didn't get shafted, they got beat! It's called competition. Someone beat them and a spread was assigned to show the difference between them and the corps below them and in front of them.

Scores going up all the time is not part of competition. Getting beat is part of competition. This is kind of a crude way of putting it, but consider this:

In the NFL, the Giants play the Browns. Beat them 42 - 7. Next week they play Carolina and win, but only 24 - 17. Did they get worse? No. They played a better team. The score reflected that and the spread reflected that.

FORGOT ABOUT SCORE! It means nothing. Placement and Spread are all that matter!

Edited by jwillis35

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Colts will make a nice run for top 12 at the end.

Edited by wvu80

Dear BM,

The possible reasons I can think of for what happened:

1. The judges are out to get them. Nah - Can't be. The judges are already out to get the Scouts and Crown. How many corps can they be going after at one time? So, I can't believe that. Besides, Greg Orwoll is about the coolest guy you'd ever meet. Like Jerry Seinfeld's mom says - how could anybody not like the Colts??

2. If the Troopers are close, ....... they're getting in. Not a negative on the Colts, but a positive for Troopers. Sorry, but, given the tradition laden nature of this small drum corps community, how could anyone not be pulling for the Troopers? When's the last time they made Finals? 1986? Could this affect the judging? I don't know - but I do know this. The judges are only human.

3. Colts were a little off this night. It happens.

Summary - Using your initial premise, the most important competition of the year would be the very first show. And every corps scores goes up and up after that first show and they'd all remain slotted the very same way. Wow - wouldn't that be boring.