Would you be OK with Phantom Regiment winning DCI this year?

Poll  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with Phantom Regiment winning DCI this year, with this show in its current form?

• Yes
    • No

Let's say Phantom cleaned a bit and performed their show, in its current form, and finals, which they will do. Would you be OK with them winning the championship with this show? I know I would.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the show just isn't as good as last year, so it would be kind of disappointing to see them win it. But don't worry, they aren't going to win it. I would actually rather see Boston win the championship than Phantom, which also won't happen.

Let's say Phantom cleaned a bit and performed their show, in its current form, and finals, which they will do. Would you be OK with them winning the championship with this show? I know I would.

If they were sitting somewhere in the top 4 right now, I wouldn't mind, but sitting in 7th right now? I'll be happy to see them try and crack the top 5.

Bottom line is you can't just win with great music that's hella fun to listen to. You have to have the complete package, and they don't period. So if they were to win with a vastly sub par product when compared to what Devils are doing, I wouldn't just not be ok with it, I'd be hugely ###### off about it and have absolutely no faith in the judging system going forward.

Just asking (with no bias whatsoever as I have no ties to the organization) because I found the show in Atlanta to be more entertaining than most of the other shows that night, so I'd hate to see those shows win over it.

Bottom line is you can't just win with great music that's hella fun to listen to.

Awwwwwwwwwww. Lame. :worthy:

Edited by Hrothgar15

I don't understand the question!

Would I be ok with this show winning if it was good enough to do so?

The question is, when Phantom performs Saturday night, would you be OK with them winning?

I think he meant by finals, if it were clean enough to win, could they overcome their current placement to take it. At least that's how I understood it.

They have some sweet music theyre playing, but their visual design (not just their execution, but their design as a whole) is far below what you would need for even top 5. Far below what BAC and Blue Stars are doing. If it werent for how well theyre doing in music, their visual design is a 9th-10th place design, imho, and their cg is rocking the 10th-11th place spot right now. That low, and cleaning can only do so much.

So, therefore, if they were to win it would be a complete travesty to the judging system we have currently. I believe there are 8 other corps who would deserve the title first, imho.