Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

I'm sorry, but we obviously were sitting in different parts of the stadium. Everyone in your list was fantastic, but BD was absolutely perfect. It may not be the most liked show this year, but from where I was sitting, the show is unstoppable. Crown and Cadets may swap spots tomorrow or it could end up just like it is tonight, but I honestly don't see anyone catching BD.

Just because they are "perfect", doesn't mean the show is as effective as the others. 1995 comes to mind as a comparable. No one was as clean as the devils. They still got third.

I still think crown can beat 'em.

Edited by mh31496

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the semi and finals judges were in the stands practicing their rankings and comments for their respective nights, just to get a better handle on the shows.

I hate to be the conspiracy theory guy, but about 15 years ago I SAW Finals judges sitting in the stand during Quarters taking notes. I've also seen judges from Semi's looking at recaps from Quarters while writing up the sheets.

Is this a bad thing? That's arguable. It's not bad for a judge to have a reference point from the previous night when writing out numbers. I don't have any illusions that the judges gave numbers based SOLEY on the previous night's scores. But judges want to get the rankings/scores right as much as we want them to get it right.

Just got back.

Based on tonight's performance, Crown absolutely deserves to win. There was no comparison between them and BD.

I thought the order should have been:

1. Crown

2. BD

3. Cavaliers

4. Vanguard

5. Cadets

I'm on the fence with Crown over BD. I do believe that SCV can slide into 3rd based on the spread between them and HNC and Cavies. The next two days are gonna be crazy!!!

GO SCV!!!

Just because they are "perfect", doesn't mean the show is as effective as the others. I still think crown can beat 'em.

That may be true, but if BD continues to perform their show technically better than others, they'll continue to win.

My placements and quick impressions,

1. Crown, overall just great

2. HNC, what a drill

3. BD, great guard

4. SCV, pure Santa Clara

5. BC, lots of energy good overall show from drill to music to guard.

6. Cavies, meh and pit was way too loud

7. PR love the music

8. BAC, like the overall but 1st half better then second

9. BStars, too much stuff on the field nice sound

10. BK, nice horns

11. Glass, a little flat

12. Troop, love it.

13. Colts, too much snyth but good marching

14. Academy, ok

15. Madison, ok

Yeah we heard you before and we still disagree.

Post another "1995" and see if our stance changes... :withstupid: