2010 DCI Tickets

For the 2010 championships, most of the prime seating areas are not available to "regular" customers, as DCI has blocked them out unless you are a "Friends of DCI" member. Furthermore, many 100 level seats that are "Premium" this year, become "Super Premium" next year, meaning they'll cost a lot more.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta love those systems where you have to pay a lot of money to be allowed to pay a lot more money.

Where are you getting this info? I don't see anything at dci.org about 2010 tickets.

Where are you getting this info? I don't see anything at dci.org about 2010 tickets.

You had to be on DCI's mailing list-- the email went out this morning. DCI's mailing list is well worth being on because you get access to a lot of special, time-limited offers like this.

Try:

http://www.dci.org/tickets/fanfive/

Getting your 2010 tickets this way by mail order only, postmarked no later than August 6th, is one of the only ways to get DCI championship tickets without having to deal with Ticketmaster, well worth doing, because Ticketmaster sells lousy seats and charges its usual ridiculous fees for them. So if you want to go in 2010, plan your approach now or no whining that you ordered "best available" from Ticketmaster online and were seated in the end zone.

The other ways to avoid Ticketmaster:

joining Friends of DCI

buying resold tickets as in directly from a corps or another fan

Edited by Peel Paint

You had to be on DCI's mailing list-- the email went out this morning. DCI's mailing list is well worth being on because you get access to a lot of special, time-limited offers like this.

Try:

http://www.dci.org/tickets/fanfive/

Getting your 2010 tickets this way by mail order only, postmarked no later than August 6th, is one of the only ways to get DCI championship tickets without having to deal with Ticketmaster, well worth doing, because Ticketmaster sells lousy seats and charges its usual ridiculous fees for them. So if you want to go in 2010, plan your approach now or no whining that you ordered "best available" from Ticketmaster online and were seated in the end zone.

The other ways to avoid Ticketmaster:

joining Friends of DCI

buying resold tickets as in directly from a corps or another fan

I believe this link was only emailed and intended for folks that have loyally bought the package in previous years. I got my email on this today.

Harvey

I believe this link was only emailed and intended for folks that have loyally bought the package in previous years. I got my email on this today.

Harvey

My guess is that DCI will be happy to sell as many Fantastic 5 packages as they can. If that's not the case, we can edit the link out.

So lets see:

Family of four:

$100.00 for at least a Bronze Friends of DCI membership

$299.00 x 4 for super premium seats which means:

$1300.00 for this family to get the best seats at DCI????

Then: throw in aifare and hotels prices and this family could have had a REAL VACATION....no offense to indy or indy fans, but c'mon, if you are gonna plunck that kind of money down....go to the grand canyon...see America...not just the inside of Lucas Oil for a few days.

And i assume families can't just buy Finals in combination with the Bronze membership....

so....I pass on this....folks...its drum corps.....watch at home or in the movies i guess.

Let me know if my figures are wrong, but this is how it reads according to DCI. And i know there are plenty of people out there who are willing to and love to cough up this type of money for drum corps....personally, that would buy me two Dolphins Season tickets which is a far more entertaining value for my buck.

Again...my 2 cents.

So lets see:

Family of four:

$100.00 for at least a Bronze Friends of DCI membership

$299.00 x 4 for super premium seats which means:

$1300.00 for this family to get the best seats at DCI????

Then: throw in aifare and hotels prices and this family could have had a REAL VACATION....no offense to indy or indy fans, but c'mon, if you are gonna plunck that kind of money down....go to the grand canyon...see America...not just the inside of Lucas Oil for a few days.

And i assume families can't just buy Finals in combination with the Bronze membership....

so....I pass on this....folks...its drum corps.....watch at home or in the movies i guess.

Let me know if my figures are wrong, but this is how it reads according to DCI. And i know there are plenty of people out there who are willing to and love to cough up this type of money for drum corps....personally, that would buy me two Dolphins Season tickets which is a far more entertaining value for my buck.

Again...my 2 cents.

Friends Bronze is 250.00?