West Chester

I dont mean that as a negative, and i have no interest in being a part of the cadets. the second movement in their show is named after a drug that is used to dilute the addiction of drugs. I dont think its that far off, and as i said, i dont mean it as a bad thing. Ive seen both shows before and, as i said in the op, spent most of my time catching up with friends and DCI people that i know. I just was out during those two shows, but i have seen them before. Just not my thing.

Even if their second movement is about that, it doesn't mean that's what the show is about. It's just a coincidence. Slalom is about skiing, yet I don't see that anywhere in the show. I just think you should try listening to the design directors instead of posting silly stories about what a show "seems" to be about.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if their second movement is about that, it doesn't mean that's what the show is about. It's just a coincidence. Slalom is about skiing, yet I don't see that anywhere in the show. I just think you should try listening to the design directors instead of posting silly stories about what a show "seems" to be about.

yeah, alright.

whatever.

Wow, no wonder you thought Cadets should have won. It's the only show you pay attention to, heh. I'm not meaning to be rude, I'm just trying to point out that maybe you should try watching all the shows more carefully before stating a specific corps should have claimed the win.

I know we all wish every review was a total review, but...

There is no rule stating that in order to post reviews you must watch all the corps. I don't. Can't sit there for that long without getting up to walk and grab a drink, talk to some friends. I will never sit at a show and watch everyone unless the show is 6 to 7 corps. Now, that's just me, but it is MY CHOICE. I paid for the ticket and I could watch what I want. I can also POST A REVIEW! Nothing stopping me. At quarterfinals I may see 16 corps at most. At semifinals, maybe 12 or 13. I will write a review. Those who don't like that I didn't write about their corps, or that I just mentioned something in passing, can take a hike. If I don't like their favorite corps show that is not a ME problem, it is a THEM problem.

You can be critical of the review itself, which is fine and what DCP is all about (discussion, disagreement, argument and theory). But you can't tell people to watch all the corps before posting. All he said was that he really didn't see Crown. But of the little he did (from the side) he wondered if the theme was sinister. Honest, up front, and asking a question.

Thanks for the review. I can't say I agree with ya on all the corps ( Cavies have mad drill moments & music is interesting), but I do appreciate the time you spent writing about the Cadets!

... I was really entertained that you think Crown's show is about "weed"! You know what? It just could be! Way to think outside the box.

Thanks for the review. I can't say I agree with ya on all the corps ( Cavies have mad drill moments & music is interesting), but I do appreciate the time you spent writing about the Cadets!

... I was really entertained that you think Crown's show is about "weed"! You know what? It just could be! Way to think outside the box.

oh, and just to clarify a misconception:

sinister is meant as being sarcastic. one of the problems of text versus speech. i dont think the corps is trying to induce people to try weed. :thumbup:

however, if the show is a story about a character who is trying to break an addiction, then i think the show is moving in uncharted waters and should be commended. The problem is, that the concept itself is not truly clear. Perhaps this adds an impressionistic mystique.

:thumbup:

So when it's time for this corps to water down parts, do they get the hose or the Weed Whacker? :thumbup:

Apparently, watering down the show wasn't necessary in Allentown tonight. :thumbup:

The grass seems to be growing