Fan Network Request

Dearest DCI:

I understand why you show Quarterfinals in the Movie theaters on Thursday night. I also understand why you give us LOYAL Fan Network subscribers the opportunity to watch Semifinals LIVE via streaming video..... it is because you LOVE US! YOU REALLY LOVE US!

We know you cannot show us Finals live, you have ticket sales to think about and DVD orders to fill. That would be too much to ask, to show us Finals.

HOWEVER...... BECAUSE YOU LOVE US FAN NETWORK SUBSCRIBERS SO MUCH....and you want us to come back every year in bigger numbers and with more gratitude....

You will consider streaming the announcement of scores on Finals night so we can "almost be there!" ...when it all happens! PRETTY PLEASE....with a shako on top?!?!?!?!

DCI ARE YOU LISTENING? :thumbup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dearest DCI:

I understand why you show Quarterfinals in the Movie theaters on Thursday night. I also understand why you give us LOYAL Fan Network subscribers the opportunity to watch Semifinals LIVE via streaming video..... it is because you LOVE US! YOU REALLY LOVE US!

We know you cannot show us Finals live, you have ticket sales to think about and DVD orders to fill. That would be too much to ask, to show us Finals.

HOWEVER...... BECAUSE YOU LOVE US FAN NETWORK SUBSCRIBERS SO MUCH....and you want us to come back every year in bigger numbers and with more gratitude....

You will consider streaming the announcement of scores on Finals night so we can "almost be there!" ...when it all happens! PRETTY PLEASE....with a shako on top?!?!?!?!

I must say! This is a fantastic idea imo

That's a great idea!

Dearest DCI:

This is FULL OF WIN DUDE!! I'll be at finals this year, but not sure about the next 9. EXCELLENT idea.

Excellent idea! DCI are you listening?

My only comment is more of a question...did you actually send this request to DCI? I'd highly suggest doing so, otherwise the chance of them actually even considering this is minimal..

Excellent idea! DCI are you listening?

The better question is are YOU talking to DCI? They have a website, you know, where you can submit comments and suggestions.

It's a great idea, but I'm not sure they can do this, again, because of the agreement DCI had with ESPN which, it's been posited here, gave ESPN exclusive rights to finals including score announcements for a period of time even when DCI wasn't doing the broadcast. I know it's wacky, since there is no broadcast, but that's been the theory here: it's not possible until DCI's deal with ESPN expires, and I haven't seen an exact date upon which that deal is no longer in effect.

Hasn't that contract run out? When was the last ESPN airing? If I recall, the contract was for that year and the following year but no further.