Allentown - Day 2

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also thinking about the marching band world. I'm just getting tired of the "choppy" arrangements. The really short phrases and non developed musical themes. ...and I think the DCI champion most definitely pushes the "marching arts" in a specific direction each year.

To each his own. I like it though.

As to your other thought, I think it is truly @###@@!# crazy to think that politics do not play a huge part in every activity.... Not just DCI.... Wes P

BRAVO.

It's really hard for some people to live in the real world of politics, but how dare you draw attention to the elephant in the room ? :thumbup:

thank you so much!! appreciate your help OHWISEONE :) have a good nite

valerie

Good joke if it's not but I expect to see it come finals. I'll also stick by that prediction.

Doubt it

No cymbal V

No Vanguard yell

Their show is ALL about "what's best for the music." Throwing in a tune/visual from a previous show (and from a different musical) doesn't mix with that philosophy, and would in fact, seem to me an F You to the philosophy the designers/staff have been 'selling' judges/fans all season.

I think the real question is:

Will HNC add a Z-pull/throwback type ending to their show?

* Z-pull in early 80's to cement their innovative/visual legacy

* double Z-pull in 90, when they performed a 'greatest hits' type show

* triple Z-pull esque in 94 when doing WSS for the second time in a decade during an Anniversary year (60th)

* this year, doing a pseudo-throwback WSS show during a BIG Anniversary year. If they DON'T do some kind of homage to the CLASSIC 84/90/94 endings this year, I will consider this show a disappointment!

Of course, there is a lot to be done this week, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they come out at Quarters with the awesome ending I (and others) have been wanting/hoping for all season.

One question I do have is what is Tony DeCarlo doing judging? Isn't he normally a show coordinator, but not a judge?

See my post above. It looks like he took over for Ed Warren tonight. Anyone know why?