Music in Motion-New Jersey

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bitter much? :lol:

acually no I'm not bitter. Like at all. The internet makes me so mad sometimes because emotions can't be portrayed like you want them to. I was saying that I'm fine with Crowns score, and I even congradulated Cadets and Bd. I was just confused, because (not having alot of DCI watching experience myself) I have never seen a score go down from a day to day thing. If that makes sense... Usually I just see scores and I see that a corp went up a point or something, but I have never seen scores go down before. I am not bitter at all, so If you hapeen to know how to answer my question, I would really appreciate an honest answer. Here maybe more smiley faces will help.

I am not bitter!!! :sad::devil::smile::lol: I am happy!!! :lol::sad:

(can someone seriously answer my question please? I am curious)

Edited by MariaCrown2010

That's a huuuge jump from Crossmen, but other than I don't see anything I would really call surprising results, from either contest.

Really? At Allentown they had an 80.2

Cadets Alumnus I'm sure are very proud of their corps tonight! Lets see if the Cadets can keep this momentum and catch BD!!!

Sometimes a down performance, often just a different panel. Brass wasn't judged tonight so that may have had an effect. Individual show scores IMO aren't worth paying a huge amount of attention to although they're fun to follow. It's the longer term trends that are important, and of course the scores next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

acually no I'm not bitter. Like at all. The internet makes me so mad sometimes because emotions can't be portrayed like you want them to. I was saying that I'm fine with Crowns score, and I even congradulated Cadets and Bd. I was just confused, because (not having alot of DCI watching experience myself) I have never seen a score go down from a day to day thing. If that makes sense... Usually I just see scores and I see that a corp went up a point or something, but I have never seen scores go down before. I am not bitter at all, so If you hapeen to know how to answer my question, I would really appreciate an honest answer. Here maybe more smiley faces will help.

I am not bitter!!! :smile::lol::devil::lol: I am happy!!! :lol::sad:

It can be a lot of things. The two you mentioned (a different panel of judges with different perceptions of the show or the corps having an off night)...although really at the level Crown is, they don't need an off night, just a slightly less on night (not saying that happened here....I wasn't at the show, just answering the question).

But it comes down to the fact that this isn't a sport that has a definitive score....it has subjective judging....it's why it's not worth it to get so worked up about scoring, when it goes your way or when it doesn't. Focus on whether staff say the show is continuing to improve....they know better than the judges, they see it every day and night.

Peace,

CuriousMe

It would be nice if the crossmen could get out of the 80.00-80.5 range...they've been there for 4-5 shows now it seems like

I don't understand why they are "stuck" in that range. They had an 81.15 earlier this season and now they are going backwards.

I am not bitter!!! :smile::lol::devil::lol: I am happy!!! :lol::sad:

It happens from time to time. Corps can have an off performance, but the main thing is a different judging panel. There are several factors. It is common for all corps. I love the Blue Knight's score page, it shows you a great graph of how each corps has done over a given period (including when they have dipped and shot back up again). Check it out: http://www.bknights.org/bknights.org/scores/standings.asp.

Cadets Alumnus I'm sure are very proud of their corps tonight! Lets see if the Cadets can keep this momentum and catch BD!!!

Cadets & Crown

EAST!!