Corps Songs...

Troopers - How the West Was Won

Dear god, please don't let me be wrong. I was in the pit, we didn't sing before every show! I can't remember fully...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts is called "Morning"

phantoms is something like ave maria or cannon or amazing grace. pretty sure its one of those

Somewhere Over the Rainbow is one of the Cavaliers' songs. The corps song is actually set to the Coast Guard Hymn, which you will hear in the medley that they play of both songs.

phantoms is something like ave maria or cannon or amazing grace. pretty sure its one of those

I figured last year their corps song was "Death." Had kind of an upbeat tempo to it and all... "a 5, 6, 7, 8..."

I believe it's Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral.

I believe it's Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral.

####

Carolina Crown - Carolina In My Mind (since 2001)

Crown Brass has their own song they do as well...Band of Brothers.

Ironic that you mention that, because what you've typed there is indeed the REAL name of the song, composed by Rodgers & Hammerstein for the musical "Carousel." The song was written AFTER the Madison Scouts organization began by about 7 or 8 years, so it hasn't ALWAYS been their corps song.

Somewhere along the line... and it wasn't when I was a Madison Scout... it seems to have "changed" to "MAY YOU Never Walk Alone," and that's ironic in that no where at anytime in the song do the lyrics say: "May You Never Walk Alone." That, I believe, was something that Scott would say, or Scouts would say to other Scouts, in parting... say at the corps banquet, or after the season was over, etc etc.

OH yeah.. the corps SONG is "You'll Never Walk Alone". The corps motto, saying, gretting..how ever you want to phrase it, is May You Never Walk Alone, often shortened in computer lingo to MYNWA. I'm pretty sure no one in Scouts refers to the song as May You Never Walk Alone.