Corps Songs...

list so far, I think:

Cadets - O' Holy Name

Jersey Surf - Pure Imagination

Cavies - Over the Rainbow / something related to the Coast Guard Hymn (?)

BD - Chase the Clouds Away

Crossmen- Russian Christmas Music

Madison Scouts - May You Never Walk Alone Again

Cascades - Imagine

SCV - Send in the Clowns (& Vanguard Anthems )

Spirit - Georgia on my Mind

Carolina Crown - Carolina In My Mind (Horn line: Band of Brothers)

Glassmen- Madre de la tierra

Troopers - How the West Was Won

Colts - Morning

Phantom Regiment - Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral

Boston Crusaders -

Blue Stars -

Bluecoats -

Mandarins -

Pacific Crest -

Pioneer -

Blue Knights -

Academy -

RIP:

27th Lancers - Crown Imperial (& Danny Boy?)

Star of Indiana - When you Wish Upon a Star

Open Class:

Revolution - Simple Gifts.

Boston - Giant

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadillac was played by Cadets in the late 90's and the entire group of YEA! corps played it in 99 at the YEA! shows. Crown 99 adopted it as our "song" that season and I vividly remember 2 performances that choked me up. #1, we were at Cincy on the top of a parking garage warming up and a few Cadets came over to our hornarc and listened as we played it. (56 horns with several "fillers") The Cadets were appreciative. #2, we played it for our age-outs after our last run on Finals day. Crying like a little girl :(

As far as HNC's song goes, as a parent I can't wait to hear it in in Indy as my daughter ages out this year. DCI's Field Pass Saturday was recorded at the Cadets' Diamond Anniversary Bash and features (in the first minute) the popular "Rocky Point Holiday," as well as (at the last minute or so of the segment) the singing of the Corps' song by 150 current members and almost 400 alumni. Very moving.

http://www.dci.org/audio/2009/field_pass/2...3_fieldpass.mp3

Recently, we adopted Cadillac of the Skies, by John Williams. I forget which show it's from, but it's a beauty.

Pretty sure it's from Empire of the Sun

Regarding the Bluecoats.

Autumn Leaves became the corps song in 1987, prior to that the corps song was Bridge over Troubled Waters

I know return you to your regularly scheduled programs

Cadillac is from Empire of the Sun. I just used a little snippet of it in an arrangement I'm doing (shhh....dont tell john williams) Anyway, the corps hasnt played it since 2006, I think... Im not sure why, but I think Gino probably hates it because it's in a nasty key. Personally I hope it comes back some day, but I dont mind the hiatus for now.

Back in 01/02 it was Gary Owen (same as the parade tune). Irish Eyes was our on field warmup. Personally, I always thought Irish Eyes was a more fitting corps song.

We used "Last Rose of Summer" as our on-field warm-up. I always thought that was a pretty special piece. Did you sing G.O.?

Some corps have "corps songs" that are "secret" or not discussed with those who didn't march.

When I marched with the Knights (Quad City Knights, formerly Geneseo Knights), we had a corps song, but we didn't discuss it with people who didn't march Knights.

Anyone know of other corps that have songs like this? Don't reveal any details/secrets, just curious to see if any other corps do this as well.

Teal Sound- Nothing Else Matters by Metallica