Shows that just needed "one more week"

We all have favourite shows that were never in contention to win due to various aspects, but I'm interested here in the shows that just needed cleaning, a bit more time and practice, that could have been so much better.

I'll get the ball rolling:

SCV 2003: Pathways

Such a great show, musical, interesting, different, some great visuals but those feet in the finals video, crooked lines, etc. Not sure if the corps was a little young that year but I really think that with a bit more time they could have gotten it cleaner.

Such a shame that you can really hear the unsteadyness in the music during the final sets of the show - Orawa was an inspired choice. i'd like to hear SCV return to it at some point.

Any more?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw your thread title, the first show I thought of was SCV 2003. Such a difficult show... they just needed more time!

I've often heard people say 80 Spirit when this kind of question comes up.

And yeah...03 SCV...the last block pass through....ye gods. Awful for anyone, let alone SCV.

I actually have to look away form that when watching the show on my iPod Touch. Those lines....ugh.

Maybe I should start a bits of shows you can't watch thread. There's this bit on Cavies '06 where a guard does a really weak clap and it's just awful. Anyhow...

We all have favourite shows that were never in contention to win due to various aspects, but I'm interested here in the shows that just needed cleaning, a bit more time and practice, that could have been so much better.

I'll get the ball rolling:

SCV 2003: Pathways

Such a great show, musical, interesting, different, some great visuals but those feet in the finals video, crooked lines, etc. Not sure if the corps was a little young that year but I really think that with a bit more time they could have gotten it cleaner.

Such a shame that you can really hear the unsteadyness in the music during the final sets of the show - Orawa was an inspired choice. i'd like to hear SCV return to it at some point.

Any more?

2009 Blue Devils.... then they might be able to set the record for the highest score ever in DCI . I don't think they can do so at this point. However, they already seem to have the execution of their show down pat. With another week they may have been able to put more moves together on the chairs for even more GE coming into the extra week for a possible record score.

2009 Crossmen..... they needed another 2 weeks it seems to me.

Edited by BRASSO

Cadets 1992. Came on strong late in the year. But one of the songs ends in a back into a giant (full corps) oblique diagonal block set. Of course, the finals camera points straight down the lines. Well, "lines" is a bit of an over statement. Dang hard move to be sure. But the song ENDS there, so there is no chance to correct it as they move on.

Edited by Dr.Mickey