Crown, Cadets or Vanguard?

The "Phantom" effect  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps do you feel has the best chance of rising from the depths and "stealing" it all?

• Carolina Crown
    • Holy Name Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • No chance, BD's got number 13 in the bag.

I beleive the judges will be obligated to give a tie of the 4 corps because they are so close. Thereby making sure Troopers get in finals.

Unless they've changed something over the years, that's not how it works.... ties don't mean an extra group makes it into finals. It doesn't go 1st, Tie for 2nd, 3rd, etc... it goes 1st, Tie for 2nd, 4th, etc. There will always be 12 groups and only 12 groups in finals, even if they have a 12-way tie for 1st.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't BD already followed Star's path even somewhat?

They have Blue Devils Entertainment, and Brass Odyssey.

Well, Brass Odyssey isn't necessarily under the Blue Devils organization, but it is headed by Wayne Downey, Scott Chandler, and Jim Wunderlich.

I agree that leaving Cavies off the list is absurd. :rolleyes:

I definitely think that they should have been on the list instead of vanguard. don't gert me wrong vanguard is good this yr and it is nice to have them back in the area of the top five. but imo I don't see their percussion finishing better then 6 behind bd crown cadets cavies and phantom and possibly coats which I believe will ultimately keep them in 5th.

just out of curiosity, does anyone kno who the last tchampion was who has had a percussion score out of the top 5 j/w

Can one of these corps step up to the plate and hit 3 homers in a row just like the Regiment did last year...who could it be?

Phantom hit exactly one homer last year. It just happened to come on finals night.

I voted for the last option.

However, I would have voted for the Cavaliers.

Ditto!

Also, The stars aligned last year for PR and they had a show that entertained beyond a classic drum corps show! Nothing like that this year!

Blue Devils have had an amazing season so far, but does anyone else remember 1995?

oh wow, i forgot about that. Yes, goes to show its not over til Mr. Crocker says the last score....

So, I guess The Cavaliers should just go home now.

Trust the Force young Skywalker :rolleyes:

I think he is stressing that BD was undefeated (as they are now) until Quarters in '95. They lost a few shows leading up to Quarters last year.

And the Corps which snuck in there from another 'planet' ... The Cavaliers (whom people thought maxed out that idea midsummer too)

AND, AND, by the time Quarters comes around, Cavies will have had FIVE rehearsal days under their belt. So I agree with you.

This too in addition to decompress BBQ family/alumni picnic back home before arriving in Indy early at same familiar ideal location as last year.

Unless they've changed something over the years, that's not how it works.... ties don't mean an extra group makes it into finals. It doesn't go 1st, Tie for 2nd, 3rd, etc... it goes 1st, Tie for 2nd, 4th, etc. There will always be 12 groups and only 12 groups in finals, even if they have a 12-way tie for 1st.

I don't know about that. In 2006, there were 18 corps in Semis. Mandarins and Southwind tied getting them both into the final spot, so there is a chance that there could be 13 corps on Finals night. But there will not be if there is a tie up in the 1-5 corps.

Phantom hit exactly one homer last year. It just happened to come on finals night.

Nope. Phantom moved up one place every night that week. With that in mind, the title is up for grabs for Devils, Cavaliers, Crown and Cadets. SCV can pull it off too, but they'll have to move at least two places one night.