No Handicap Parking at LOS

you can probably get a cab to take you there about as cheap as parking would be and drop you off right at the front door.

Yes, I checked on that earlier today. Cost from motel (near airport) to LOS will be $32 each way. I had booked a hotel through DCI's web site several months ago at the one closest to the stadium. I thought everything was set, but DCI called a few days later to say I couldn't stay at that hotel unless I booked at least 4 nights. I only needed 3 so I ended up a little further away than I had hoped.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob...yes, I'm sure there are plenty of parking spaces within an easy walk of the stadium. That would be great for most people. Yes, there are parking spaces at LOS. Yes, as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act some of them are for handicapped people. NO, THESE PARKING SPACES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THE DCI EVENTS.

Before going to bed tonight you might want to look at some of the meanings of HANDICAPPED before you start telling folks how easy it is to walk to the stadium.

oops...sorry for the over-reaction. Didn't mean to offend you.

I don't have to look up the meaning of HANDICAPPED because I have lived it.

Instead, I am going to do some more research on the ADA accomodations at Lucas Oil for this coming weekend. I find it difficult to believe that DCI is "not allowing" handicapped parking. That doesn't make sense to me.

I don't have to look up the meaning of HANDICAPPED because I have lived it.

Instead, I am going to do some more research on the ADA accomodations at Lucas Oil for this coming weekend. I find it difficult to believe that DCI is "not allowing" handicapped parking. That doesn't make sense to me.

That's just it. LOS parking will not be open to anybody, handicapped or otherwise.

Yes, I checked on that earlier today. Cost from motel (near airport) to LOS will be $32 each way. I had booked a hotel through DCI's web site several months ago at the one closest to the stadium. I thought everything was set, but DCI called a few days later to say I couldn't stay at that hotel unless I booked at least 4 nights. I only needed 3 so I ended up a little further away than I had hoped.

That's really unfortunate. I've noticed over the years that stadium events tend to be particularly "unfriendly" for handicapped people. I mean, of course you see it everywhere, but it' magnified at these types of events.

Have you though about driving to a parking garage, and arranging for a cab to take you to the stadium to and from there?

I believe it's illegal for lots to not have handicap accommodations. I'm sure the LOS parking lot (is there one?) has handicap parking available. It just sounds like DCI is using the parking lot for something else, and it's not open for public parking at all at the DCI competition.

I could be wrong, though.

Areas of public gatherings wether used for private or public events where a fee is charged for congregation must, by law,provide handicap access wether it be parking, transportation or facilities.

Call the Americans with disabilities association, or better yet, just call Indianapolis town or the local news, watch how fast that changes.

Geoffrey

Its the price you have to pay if you want a quality stadium.Its a heck of a lot better than Pataec park that's for sure.

66,000 parking spots and probably shuttles all around the place.If your handicap it might be a bit of inconvenience but you can probably get a cab to take you there about as cheap as parking would be and drop you off right at the front door.

What an idiotic, insenstive statment, perfect for DCP.

Be thankfull you arent handicapped or are with someone who is.

Geoffrey

They're probably using the parking for the corps.

At Stanford, all of the facility parking was taken up by corps equipment, and the paying crowd was left to find parking wherever available.

At Stanford their was an entire lot by the ticket window dedicated to handicap parking...The corps buses traveled through that lot to get to the backlot for their parking...

That's really unfortunate. I've noticed over the years that stadium events tend to be particularly "unfriendly" for handicapped people. I mean, of course you see it everywhere, but it' magnified at these types of events.

Have you though about driving to a parking garage, and arranging for a cab to take you to the stadium to and from there?

Sad.

The Foxboro stadium rolled out the red carpet for handicapped folks, in regards to parking, transportation, seating, respect, accomodations, etc......

Im glad Im not going this year.

Geoffrey

Geez. I think if they ever need to change the name of Drum Corps Planet for some reason, Over-Reaction Planet needs to be considered.
I have to pay for a ticket?!

That's it! I'm done!

I have to listen to MagicBobert complain?

That's it! I'm done, too! :thumbup: