Severe Storm hits Indiana

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband and I drove 13 hours to Indianapolis today, pretty much unaware of the weather affecting the area. We drove through heavy rain in West Virginia and into Kentucky and heard on the radio about the flooding in Louisville. I texted my Blue Stars son, not one of the more communicative members of the corps, late tonight to find out if they had had much rain. His reply was, "Yep." We arrived at the hotel around midnight, and I decided to get online before going to bed. When I read on the Blue Stars forum about what had happened, I was floored. But as I read on, I felt so proud to be a part of the Blue Stars family - parents, alumni, and fans immediately began making plans to make the necessary repairs and replacements, offering to provide tools, labor, money . . . and many changed their travel plans to get to Brazil as soon as possible to help with the efforts. Then I hopped over to DCP; the offers of sympathy, support, and even money from people affiliated with other corps - or no corps at all - is truly heartwarming.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank those of you who make drum corps the wonderful experience that it is. Despite the arthritis in my knees, I hop up at the end of each corps' performance - whether I really liked their show or not - and applaud the kids and staff who give themselves to this activity.

You know what I'll be doing tomorrow . . .

I know it may be too late on Thursday, but could I give a few bucks to someone in the organization when I get into town? The souvie booth maybe?

That would probably be your best bet.

To recover some of the cost, I wonder if Blue Stars could take money now for those who want to buy one of those tables at the end of the season? I'm sure there are Stars fans out there who would like a piece of corps history. Me, I'd probably turn it into a pong table, but at least I'd know I got it by contributing to a good cause. :thumbup:

Thanks to alarson for posting this originally. We're going to try it again. Please help the Blue Stars if you can.

http://www.bluestars.org/forum/index.php?s...5&st=0&

I'm sorry to hear that. It seems like the Blue Stars have been having quite a bit of bad luck this year with first some members getting sick (from what I heard) and now this.

I'm guessing a donation at their Paypal link here would work for 'em?