The On-Field Warm-up

IMO

If every corps does the "breathe-dah method".........why don't they all sound he same???

ABB

Yes, but no. If you are using your air correctly, your endurance will take you farther--but only so far!

And why did you even bring that up anyway?

PS - This is just my opinion, but the whole "Breathe-Dah" thing is just ridiculous. When it all comes down to it, EVERY corps does the "Breathe-Dah" method. Just because they don't call it that doesn't mean anything. I'm not trying to argue or anything, I've just never understood everyone's infatuation with "Breathe-Dah."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did notice this year that the mandarin's horns arched up and did a legit on the field warm-up and their battery did too.

SCV was doing techno adagio for a while. that was cool.

To the person who said on field warm ups don't work:

I was in a less than stellar horn line once who kept cracking the unison first note of the show. So our brass staff did a chord progression that ended on that unison note. Didn't crack it very much when that was the last thing you played not a minute earlier.

Breathe-dah is the name for Crown's brass approach. I'm pretty sure the name refers to the act of taking a full breath and articulating at the beginning of the air-stream. The name (and moreso the overly-enthusiastic supporters of Crown's technique) tend to bug people because said technique is a basic part of any fundamental program.

OK thanks for the info. LOL, have practice this Sunday and will probably start laughing when we get to this part of our warm up. :bluedevil: Heh, thinking of smart### versions of the term "Breath-dah" as I type.......