If I could ever design, Implement 1 song for a DCA show it would be...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh

oh get over it! :laughing:

Just about ANY Barry Manilow song could be adapted for drum corps. "I Write the Songs," "Weekend In New England," "One Voice," "When October Goes," and of course, "CopaCabana" have already been done. Awesome!

KATHY!!!!!!

Mre than one tune, I know.... but:

A show comprised of tunes from Electric Light Orchestra. Complete with electronics, smoke effects, etc.

Ducking for cover now. :laughing:

Fran

You might have something there. I think there was a song they did "Can't Get You Outta My Head" that would make a nice ballad, plus billions of folks would recognize it as soon as they hear the first few notes. How novel would that be?

Hi, John! Yes, I'm still alive...working on my dissertation. Then it will be DR Kathy!

...you can examine me any time, hon - good to see you! Marce says hi, catchoo later...

sorry for the brief commercial message.....back on topic.....

Hi, John! Yes, I'm still alive...working on my dissertation. Then it will be DR Kathy!

NIce to see you again Kathy!!

sigh

Talk about irony..... IIRC back in the late 70s Westshore had the horn line go over a chart because staff thought the show might run short. Sucked so bad, it was shelved and the charts probably thrown in the Susquehanna. IIRC it was "I Write The Songs". :laughing: Of course this is coming form teh guy who still can't stand "music was my first love....." *UGH*

IIRC and ironic 'cuz I just started thinking about it this morning and haven't pulled in the stray pieces yet..... :lol:

Edit: Rocky Horror - done by Rochester Cru in '75 or so but forget which tune.

Roundabout - '75 Yankee-Rebels did it but kinda of a march style (Col. Crawford chart?) so hard to tell what it was.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari