If I could ever design, Implement 1 song for a DCA show it would be...

For Empire or perhaps Brigs: "Turn the Beat Around," a disco song written by Gerald Jackson and Peter Jackson and popularized by Vicki Sue Robinson in 1976.........(would not be recommemded for an alumni corps drill)

But if I could take one song and arrange it complete with my own drill design, it would be:

Skyliners

Opener

"Y M C A" (Village People)

At point where letters "Y - M - C - A" are sung in chorus for the SECOND time, I would have the corps spell out "C - Y - M - A"....have the DM do the old panic thinggy.... and direct the blocks of individual letters to move into the correct sequence.........right into the traffic jam number.......company front, with DM (Policeman) and 2 ###'t DM (Indian and construction worker) leading the charge.........peel some paint........

Heavy S*it

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it was meant to be just one song, but I had a whole show in mind once. Back in the late 80' to early 90's, I was hoping someone would do an entire Miami Sound Machine show when they were at their peak of popularity. My choices:

Opener: 'One, Two, three . . . "

Ballad - several great choices to pick from, all with emotional impact: 'Hear We Are,' 'Words Get In the Way,' 'Anything for You,' 'Can't Stay Away From You.'

Production and/or drum feature: 'Conga'

Production or closer: 'Rhythm Is Gonna Get You'

I could never understand why their music wasn't used more. I felt it was a natural. Cabs finally did 'Here We Are' and 'Get On Your Feet' around '92 or '93 I believe.

"Would I lie to You?" by the Eurythmics. Some nice brass parts. Song has a bit of everything.

Cabs finally did 'Here We Are' and 'Get On Your Feet' around '92 or '93 I believe.

'91

Thanks, Liz. At least I got the decade right. 'Right church, wrong pew!'

Thanks, Liz. At least I got the decade right. 'Right church, wrong pew!'

Your penance is to say 5 Hail Mary's and then listen to New York New York a dozen times. :withstupid:

"Your penance is to say 5 Hail Mary's and then listen to New York New York a dozen times."

Ouch! You really know how to hurt a guy!

Already been done by the Kilties (Jr.corps) 1974, I think....

Didn't the Yankee Rebels do Roundabout? Before I was born of course.