Boston

Would any one have a problem if Boston won finals this year.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, cause it's not good enough

same answer for would you have a problem if regiment won this year

or anybody that isn't bd, crown, cadets....and MAYBE vanguard

:p

Why are others better. Boston over all design and execution is on par with everyone in the top 5. I think it would be great.

Would any one have a problem if Boston won finals this year.

Yes, because they are not executing at the level of a corps currently in the top 6. I'll refrain from commenting on the overall package, because I think I'd let my love for their show sway any actual critique of the product they have, but I will say that it's undeniable that they're not the best executing corps. They were easily my favorite corps at each show I saw this year, and this is arguably the most talent they've had in quite a few years, but I would still find it odd for them to win finals this year based solely on comparative execution.

Now, if you had asked if anyone had a problem with them being the overall fan favorite or something like that, I would say absolutely not. They deserve to be up there, in my opinion, as they are performing an incredibly enjoyable show; it's their best and most coherent product since their early 2000s run. If DCI finals were judged solely on entertainment, I wouldn't have a problem with them winning.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing great things to come from this corps in the next few years. I think it's very likely that they will make another run at the top 5 in the coming years. Now that they're being challenged a bit more, the execution just needs to be pumped up another notch to make it up there.

Edited by Musicman1084

Why are others better. Boston over all design and execution is on par with everyone in the top 5. I think it would be great.

I'm sure you mean "I like Boston's over all design and I think execution is on par with everyone in the top 5."

Because their show design is no where near the Top 5 (SCV, Cadets, Crown, Cavaliers, Blue Devils), and same with their execution.

I like this show, and it's one of, if not the, favorite BAC shows of all time. I wish them luck, and I think they have a good chance of moving up this weekend (they could possibly end up as high as 7th, MAYBE a very outside chance at 6th). But their design is no where near Top 5, let alone Championship caliber (and neither is their execution, for that matter).

Yes, because they are not executing at the level of a corps currently in the top 6. I'll refrain from commenting on the overall package, because I think I'd let my love for their show sway any actual critique of the product they have, but I will say that it's undeniable that they're not the best executing corps. They were easily my favorite corps at each show I saw this year, and this is arguably the most talent they've had in quite a few years, but I would still find it odd for them to win finals this year based solely on comparative execution.

Now, if you had asked if anyone had a problem with them being the overall fan favorite or something like that, I would say absolutely not. They deserve to be up there, in my opinion, as they are performing an incredibly enjoyable show; it's their best and most coherent product since their early 2000s run. If DCI finals were judged solely on entertainment, I wouldn't have a problem with them winning.

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing great things to come from this corps in the next few years. I think it's very likely that they will make another run at the top 5 in the coming years. Now that they're being challenged a bit more, the execution just needs to be pumped up another notch to make it up there.

Thank you

I'm sure you mean "I like Boston's over all design and I think execution is on par with everyone in the top 5."

Because their show design is no where near the Top 5 (SCV, Cadets, Crown, Cavaliers, Blue Devils), and same with their execution.

I like this show, and it's one of, if not the, favorite BAC shows of all time. I wish them luck, and I think they have a good chance of moving up this weekend (they could possibly end up as high as 7th, MAYBE a very outside chance at 6th). But their design is no where near Top 5, let alone Championship caliber (and neither is their execution, for that matter).

Why I seen shows over the past 40 years or so and feel that Boston show is with in the top 5.

it's really not, they are good, but not up to par with the rest of the gang.

Now, I have no problem with them winning this year if they were better than everyone else! :p

you said it better than I did. but thats what i meant :p