Hey Dennis Delucia

I have to agree with DeLucia about the emotional impact of the show. It fell flat with me the two times I saw it this summer. *shrug*

Performed well, just didn't feel it.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say they don't have energy or emotion in their show? What were you doing during the ballad that you were distracted from the beautiful arrangement of Tristan and Ivaine? And the third movement doesn't have energy? That's the opposite of what I've witnessed all year from the Glassmen. The Glassmen have every right to feel insulted when people say they aren't delivering on an emotional level. Any corps does. I wouldn't say that about any corps.

DeLucia's job is to provide technical commentary, not to be positive about every moment of every show.

It's not "shiny, happy play-by-play" and I personally prefer it to the idea of listening to a lot of happy horse #### about everything going on down on the field. If that's your bag, read the DCI rag sheets that makes everyone sound wonderful instead.

How can you say they don't have energy or emotion in their show? What were you doing during the ballad that you were distracted from the beautiful arrangement of Tristan and Ivaine?

I wasn't distracted at all.

I saw a corps moving on a field, playing notes and spinning flags.

But that's ALL I saw. Sorry that your corps isn't my cup of tea this year. I look forward to seeing them next year.

Keep your annoying and obviously biased comments to yourself.

You had good things to say about every corps tonight after they performed but the Glassmen...You did this in 2007 also. Get the chip off your shoulder and shut your pie hole.

Unless you're on DCP.

On DCP you can be as rude as you want, to anyone, for any reason.

Honestly I agree with Delucia. Glassmen just don't connect with me at all this year, which is a shame considering how much I liked last year's edition.

I also give him props for putting his thoughts out there, regardless of what corps he's talking about.

DeLucia's job is to provide technical commentary, not to be positive about every moment of every show.

It's not "shiny, happy play-by-play" and I personally prefer it to the idea of listening to a lot of happy horse #### about everything going on down on the field. If that's your bag, read the DCI rag sheets that makes everyone sound wonderful instead.

true. it could be one of his indoor tapes. for someone judging effect, you have to wonder if he gets affected at all

Dennis did make some other comments that I'm sure others would find contreversial or disagree with. i.e "The Colts should be scoring two points higher than they have been and I don't know why they aren't" (which I happen to agree with)..so all in all I thought he did a good job.

Keep your annoying and obviously biased comments to yourself.

You had good things to say about every corps tonight after they performed but the Glassmen...You did this in 2007 also. Get the chip off your shoulder and shut your pie hole.

Look at the bright side. He wasn't judging. And the ones that were judging tonight clearly disagreed with him on the Glassmen's performance in the Quarters, as the Glassmen got a good score and placement for themselves tonite, beating the Blue knights which can be viewed as a surprise and an upset. You have to be happy with the judges in the quarters, no ?

I would rather not hear about how my corps apparently doesn't deliver on an emotional level year after year, when the kids are pouring their hearts out on the field. I can connect to them during their ballad. They have many a sad moment during their show where you can feel a sense of loneliness and despair. Maybe the reason nobody else seems to make that connection is because it's not a frequent emotion being portrayed in a drum corps show. Maybe they should add an audio clip about the attack on pearl harbor during our show for emotion bonus points.

I would rather not hear about how my corps apparently doesn't deliver on an emotional level year after year, when the kids are pouring their hearts out on the field. I can connect to them during their ballad. They have many a sad moment during their show where you can feel a sense of loneliness and despair. Maybe the reason nobody else seems to make that connection is because it's not a frequent emotion being portrayed in a drum corps show. Maybe they should add an audio clip about the attack on pearl harbor during our show for emotion bonus points.

wow

It's not an attack on the Blue Stars. It's good programming. But my point is, if they took it out, I think the connection would be less obvious and most people would say they don't feel it.