An Open Letter to George Hopkins

Am I one of the weird ones that liked 07, but doesn't like this year very much? Oh well...

At this point...and it may change as time goes on...but there's more for me personally to love in 07 than in 09. I loved much of 07 during 07, but I love 09 during 09 less-so. Not to say I don't like this show very much, especially after 08!!!! BUT...THANKS GEORGE for giving so many of us the KIND of show we love to see HNC do! And it's SO GREAT to see HNC once again have some of the cleanest feet and just about the cleanest guard out there! That makes me all warm and fuzzy...and how about that drumline pulling in a solid 3rd so far this week! Man...who would have thought that about 6 weeks ago!

Edited by chris ncsu

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in as loving this show. I haven't loved one since the Jethro Tull show! Awesome show, and thank you HORN LINE for BMFO! :tongue:

Wow, what's going on here? I like Blue Devils and the Cadets this year? :cool:

I'm far from being a Cadets fan, but I appreciate their level of performance year in and year out. This year they happen to have a solid show, so I'm truly enjoying them.

While there's not Z-Pull, they do have the form to for of 75, HNC, the G, and CBC for about 20 seconds. I think that's enough homage to the past.

This is the show that would win if there were two more weeks in the season, thanks Texas.

Edited by hsreed

i have to agree.....i am a cadets hater as well....but i really enjoyed the show this year....keep it up

I have to agree. I haven't really liked a Cadets show since 2000, so good job Hop for making me like your corps this year!

Wow, what's going on here? I like Blue Devils and the Cadets this year? :tongue:

haha i know right......write it down cause i don't see it happening again anytime soon.

George,

I don't care if this is blogged or not. I have to thank you, despite the many times we've clashed on RAMD and DCP for your show this year. Regardless of where it places ( this is sent post semis), I want to thank you, your design team, staff and members for making me do something I've not done since 2000.....stand up and cheer for the Cadets during the show!

You know who I feel about many of the changes you have pushed for...and while I think some of them added little to this years show, you made what fans wanted from your corps...a show that excited and made them cheer. Cleanest is debatable, especially given what goes for current adjudication preferences. But....live and in theaters nationwide, two corps got standing O'd every night....HNC and SCV.

That says something for your design. Even fans labeled as Cadets haters such as myself ( which sucks because I loved many past Cadets shows) Loved this show.

Thank you for re-discovering balls out drum corps that yes, pushed the boundaries, but included the fans. The challenge is to now keep doing it. Trust me, we'll be watching, tho it sounds like more in Allentown than in the Lucas Echo Dome

Jeff Ream

Amen......have'nt been a fan of the corps for a number of years and was finding it harder and harder...yet this year.......... I was up at least twice during the show......great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be fun pulling up this thread this time in '10...

Which is why I said:

Now you know this all changes when you start talking on the field again next year, right Hoppy? :tongue:

:cool:

Randy come on you dont expect people to read every post do you?

:tongue:

I've never seen so many backhanded compliments in succession before. sarcasm on -> Normally, I get sick to my stomach watching cadets but this year I even felt hungry afterward. <- sarcasm off

Good job cadets. this year and all the years before.

Edited by jplattSCV

Randy come on you dont expect people to read every post do you?

:tongue:

Doesn't everyone?