2009 Best and Worst...Corps T-Shirt

Love the Cavaliers' gray "Standing Man" T. Also, the classic navy Troopers logo T holds a special place in my heart because it was the first corps shirt I ever owned.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want to add one quick comment...

I noticed that a lot of the corps have merchandise websites but a lot of the shirts I've seen at events aren't even mentioned on their site. Like those new DCI hoodies for Madison and the Bluecoats, I've looked everywhere and can't find them online. Is this just a thing so you have to go to the event to get one or are they just being lazy?

My close personal friend at the Boston Crusaders told me that it's difficult (monetarily and otherwise) for most corps to split their inventory between the souvie booth on tour and leaving enough inventory back at home to fill internet orders. Shortly after finals when the corps return home, you will most likely see the items you mentioned available through their respective on-line stores.

My friend assures me that they are NOT being lazy.

My close personal friend at the Boston Crusaders told me that it's difficult (monetarily and otherwise) for most corps to split their inventory between the souvie booth on tour and leaving enough inventory back at home to fill internet orders. Shortly after finals when the corps return home, you will most likely see the items you mentioned available through their respective on-line stores.

My friend assures me that they are NOT being lazy.

Okay good! I love the new DCI hoodies and hopefully I can order some online.

I like the Troopers tour short this year with the Western side story drawing on the front and the tour on the back

In 1990 Cadets were selling two nearly identical T-shirts, one featuring a drummer and one featuring a contra.

The brass shirt was $3 cheaper, for no reason I could ascertain.

Being a brass player, I bought it and wore it proudly.

Until the fall semester at WVU. I was wearing the shirt when I ran into Dave Satterfield, then assistant director of bands and the pit arranger for the Cadets.

He said:

"Nice shirt. Did you know the contra is over the wrong shoulder?"

*sigh*

Best: Crown's Green Tour Shirt

2nd: SCV Tour shirt

I noticed more corps carrying larger sizes (3X) in Atlanta this year. I'm happy to pay $2-3 more (I'm a 2X now, but like having the extra room) You can never go wrong selling larger sizes.

Actually, I'd forgotten about it, but...

at the Dallas/Lake Highlands show this year, I saw a pretty hot girl wearing a T-shirt that said:

MY BOYFRIEND LEFT ME FOR A CAVALIER

She was already past me when the implications of that hit me.

Apparently it wasn't an official T-shirt, but I bet they'd make some money if they sold them.