Could Carolina Crown

Their rise has been nothing short of phenomenal, and as they've proved the last two years they know how to clean in time for Finals week. This year they clearly came out with a show that don't mess around. Think they can cross the T's and dot the I's and come out next year with a championship trophy in sight?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their rise has been nothing short of phenomenal, and as they've proved the last two years they know how to clean in time for Finals week. This year they clearly came out with a show that don't mess around. Think they can cross the T's and dot the I's and come out next year with a championship trophy in sight?

absolutely. they have totally proven themselves to be a fan and crod favorite and their shows the past 3 yrs have been very phenomenal and entertaining. this group is definitely capable of being next yrs champion. they have the staff the brass and now it seems the percussion to be among the elite in dci. I will be both very excited and interested ti see the show that they design and come up with to entertain us in the upcoming 2010 season

Could they? Of course. It will all depend on the show vehicle they are given.

I thought they were great this year! They should be very proud of their accomplishment. First new corps in the top three since Star 1990, I think. Wow.

Yes.

Thank you, next ...

From the moment I heard... and participated in... the stunned "boo's" and gasps after their placement at DCI in 2006, I knew they could win it all.

No....they didn't take 3rd like other corps before their first win (BD, SCV, Garfield, Star) :tongue:

But in all seriousness....absolutely. They have something only a few corps at the top have (BD, Cadets, Cavies)...consistency. SCV's been a staff mess for years, and Regiment's never been consistent for long.

Crown, tho? Oh yeah. I think I said after 07 I could see a ring in their near future....and that future seems a lot closer now!

Not if the Blue Devils staff, as expected, remain in place.

Plus, I look for the Cadets and Cavaliers to rethink what they are doing and to both come out with more creative and cutting edge designed shows next season. It is rare indeed for a Corps like Crown to simultaneously hit the Trifecta by knocking off ALL THREE of the BD, Cavs, Cadets in the same year. It was an amazing accomplishment for them to knock off 2 of the three at Finals this year ( despite Cadets claim that a single Percussion judge went over to the Dark Side on Finals Night ).

I can see Crown possibly beating 2 of these 3 Corps again next year. ( I can see them losing to all 3 too ). But I just don't see Crown beating ALL THREE next year to capture a title. Crown also reportedly has a lot of age outs this year.

But then again, maybe they beat the odds and win it all. I just wouldn't bet the farm on it right now, that's all.

Edited by BRASSO

Not if the Blue Devils staff, as expected, remain in place.

Plus, I look for the Cadets and Cavaliers to rethink what they are doing and to both come out with more creative and cutting edge designed shows next season. It is rare indeed for a Corps like Crown to simultaneouslyto hit the Trifecta by knocking off ALL THREE of the BD, Cavs, Cadets in the same year. It was an amazing accomplishment for them to knock off 2 of the three at Finals this year ( despite Cadets claim that a single Percussion judge went over to the Dark Side on Finals Night ).

I can see Crown possibly beating 2 of these 3 Corps again next year. ( I can see them losing to all 3 too ). But I just don't see Crown beating ALL THREE next year to capture a title. Crown also reportedly has a lot of age outs this year.

Why not? I mean, I totally understand that the "traditional" top 3 have consistent staff and are always forces with which to be reckoned, but why can't Carolina Crown simply be better than ALL of those corps next year- why is that so unlikely?

Edited by Dylan Ford