Why EVERYONE Stands Up for Marines D&BC

I was an Army guy, but I'm always willing to throw them a salute and a Semper Fi. One time I got into a bar room beef. I won't go into any details but let's just say that the Marines pulled my bacon out of the fire before the MP's got there. :tongue:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about sheer ballz???

No kidding (unless he was BS'ing me, but doubt it). I used to play in a concert band with a former snare drummer from the MD&BC. He stepped in a rut in the field seconds into their off the line number in some performance-based on my memory & some date figuring it had to be in the late 70's-& broke his foot. :tongue: He marched/played the rest of the show.

Can I get an OORAH?

It's not because of how they play or what they play (lately), it is because of what they represent. For every marine you see on the field, there are thousands that don't ride a tour bus but are afraid of a bus coming by them blowing up.... thousands who don't hear drums but the drum beat of artillery.. being fired at them..... thousands who get up to the sound of a bugle playing revielle, go to bed by taps and march to war. I guess that's why I stand up.

Joke thread is a joke?

Oh. :tongue: Sorry. I didn't think you were being serious about "everyone standing up for the Marines D&BC" because they play 2 valve G bugles. Since I'm a drummer, I wouldn't have known that anyway.

I wasn't making a joke. Carry on.

:tongue:

DCP gives me a headache anymore. Facebook is now my site of choice :blink:

I find it interesting that you use positive "anymore." There actually used to be a linguistics-related blog called Positive Anymore, from the term characteristic of some regional dialects.

The positive use appears to have been of Midland origin, but it is now reported to be widespread in all speech areas of the United States except New England

Oddly enough, I have lived in New York my whole life.

It's not because of how they play or what they play (lately), it is because of what they represent. For every marine you see on the field, there are thousands that don't ride a tour bus but are afraid of a bus coming by them blowing up.... thousands who don't hear drums but the drum beat of artillery.. being fired at them..... thousands who get up to the sound of a bugle playing revielle, go to bed by taps and march to war. I guess that's why I stand up.

Indeed, while we were relaxing in the theater on Thursday night, oblivious to all except our passion for pageantry, these guys, who also wear the US Marine uniform, were busy with other things. When we left the theater and got into our cars to come home and get on with it, they left Afghanistan, in their US Marine uniform covered with an American flag.

1347 08/06/09 Argentine, James D. Lance Corporal 22 US U.S. Marine 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force Hostile - hostile fire Farah province Afghanistan Farmingdale New York

1346 08/06/09 Babine, Travis T. Lance Corporal 20 US U.S. Marine 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force Hostile - hostile fire Farah province Afghanistan San Antonio Texas

1345 08/06/09 Rivera, Christian A. Guzman Corporal 21 US U.S. Marine 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force Hostile - hostile fire Western Afghanistan Afghanistan Homestead Florida

1344 08/06/09 Hoskins, Jay M. Sergeant 24 US U.S. Marine 3rd Combat Assault Battalion, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force Hostile - hostile fire Farah province Afghanistan Paris Texas

When I see our US Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, I think not only of the Marines on the field, but of the Marines they represent.

Edited by cavalry37

• 2 weeks later...

bump for Truman Crawford... was listening to the corps on the way home from work today.... sempre fi.

Bravo, Sgt.! :tongue: