Why EVERYONE Stands Up for Marines D&BC

An field artillery, and Harrier jets, and... :tongue:

Forget all that stuff. I think the DM could have single-handedly taken out everyone in sections 139 and 140 at LOS with that giant mace he carried!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're an American or someone who loves America, why WOULDN'T you stand up for the Marine Corps Drum & Bugle Corps?!?! The Corps is the epitome of devotion to this fantastic country! We should stand when they walk in the room and thank them for their service! The music is a bonus...SEMPER FIDELIS!!!

(PS. you can bet your arse those that do not love America stand up when they see the Marines...of course you'll only see their backs as they sprint in the other direction...)

I'm sorry guys but for me, the MD&BC was the sharpest show at finals. Looked the coolest, marched the best. They could actually put a straight front together which no other corps managed. Always have my respect.

Because they are the Marines 'nuff said there.

You tell them that they're not worth standing up for........I'll be standing by with the bandages.

"Because they stand upon a wall and say, "Nothing's going to hurt you tonight, not on my watch."

$1 to Demi Moore

Wow! Some fantastic comments here! As an alum, I thank you all.

For me, I stand for a whole new reason.

I marched in the Unit from 95-02. I loved it. It was my upbringing and my family. From a pure drum corps sense,

I loved what we did, but i dont think i had enough respect for it even when i was standing in it.

Then on the fourth of July this year, I made my first return to Marine Barracks Washington DC to see the friday evening parade.

The D&B Commanding Officer, (my former skipper, now a Lt. Colonel) Was kind enough to set me up with the fantastic seats on centerwalk.

It was such a fantastic feeling watching it and knowing that I was a part of it once upon a time. Now at the old and decrepid age of 33, I look back on what a great 7 years i had there and the people i served with who taught a young 18 year old so much.

Yeah, i hate to admit having shed a tear, but it happened.

Anyway, great thread! Thanks for this little stroll down Amnesia lane!

T

It's not because of how they play or what they play (lately), it is because of what they represent. For every marine you see on the field, there are thousands that don't ride a tour bus but are afraid of a bus coming by them blowing up.... thousands who don't hear drums but the drum beat of artillery.. being fired at them..... thousands who get up to the sound of a bugle playing revielle, go to bed by taps and march to war. I guess that's why I stand up.

U.S. Marines afraid? I doubt that.

U.S. Marines afraid? I doubt that.

I'm sure they meant concerned or watchful---alert.

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

I am a very patriotic person and I have an enormous amount of respect for our military and I just assumed that most Americans feel the same way, until DCI Finals. When I saw the Marines march out on the field my instinct was to stand up out of respect, but apparently several people around me didn't feel the same. There were 6 or 7 people where I was sitting who never applauded, or stood up for these honorable men and women until the national athem was played. I was appalled! One couple sat reading books! Couldn't believe my eyes!

To the Marines and to any other military who serve our country, a show of respect is always in order! That is the least, the very least we can do.

Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise!