DCI finals review

This thread has devolved... :tongue:

**sigh** This is totally why I try to stay away from here.

Devolved from what? If by "devolved" you mean from the OP's ridiculous BD rant...then yes, it has..thank heavens!

And try as you might, it's addicting...like bad television! :lle:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class.... dismissed, Blue Devils win :tongue:

Fixed

• 3 weeks later...
Devolved from what? If by "devolved" you mean from the OP's ridiculous BD rant...then yes, it has..thank heavens!

And try as you might, it's addicting...like bad television! :whistle:

go to the 8:30 mark on the below video.......wow, what a "conspiracy"............I can see now that the show (and results) was obviously "loved", and a handful of "plants" had to distort everything........the show was fab and my rant was ridiculous........

GB

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...ores&page=1

perhaps I can sell you some land in Montana.................excuse me while I go pose on a chair..........

go to the 8:30 mark on the below video.......wow, what a "conspiracy"............I can see now that the show (and results) was obviously "loved", and a handful of "plants" had to distort everything........the show was fab and my rant was ridiculous........

GB

perhaps I can sell you some land in Montana.................excuse me while I go pose on a chair..........

I think they're booing because the score is too low... =)

GB

Oh man....you really got us now Bob. This is some real investigative reporting. Well done! I hadn't seen this before, holy crap...I think we need to make BD give back their medals and give them to whoever bob thinks! :tongue:

Here it's the end of October and you are still wallowing in it......snap out it... it's not healthy!

By the way, Montana's beautiful...I don't get it. :smile:

Oh man....you really got us now Bob. This is some real investigative reporting. Well done! I hadn't seen this before, holy crap...I think we need to make BD give back their medals and give them to whoever bob thinks! :tongue:

Here it's the end of October and you are still wallowing in it......snap out it... it's not healthy!

By the way, Montana's beautiful...I don't get it. :smile:

I don't want their medals......but turning in their chairs would be good.............

GB

I don't want their medals......but turning in their chairs would be good.............

GB

They'll be going on ebay soon for about $450 a pop (the chairs, that is!). Bid early and often Bob. :tongue:

They'll be going on ebay soon for about $450 a pop (the chairs, that is!). Bid early and often Bob. :tongue:

will they (the chairs) be autographed....lol.......

just so you know, I really don't have anything against the Devs (I can't pull up old reviews, but I wish that I could)....but, the show last year didn't make it for me (and alot of people)....I know that it did for you, and that's cool, and we can leave it at that.....

I hope Mr. Downey writes some awesome charts this year, and the new King brass certainly won't hurt their sound....

GB

will they (the chairs) be autographed....lol.......

just so you know, I really don't have anything against the Devs (I can't pull up old reviews, but I wish that I could)....but, the show last year didn't make it for me (and alot of people)....I know that it did for you, and that's cool, and we can leave it at that.....

I hope Mr. Downey writes some awesome charts this year, and the new King brass certainly won't hurt their sound....

GB

GB,

Yes, there are at least two chairs (I know of) that have all of the signatures from the corps on them. But sadly, not for sale. Ebay was just BS. I believe most of them were just left in Indy. So if you see a night watchmen at LOS next year sitting on what appears to be a white art deco chair, it's a piece of DCI history. Buy it from him, and "strike a pose!"

I know you don't have anything against the Devs, but you have to admit that your "review" started off like many reviews...a fairly perceptive and postive take on all the corps...until BD..... then you suddenly appeared to be in the throws of a full-throttle bout of Tourett Syndrome! :thumbup:

I know it was just after finals and you were a bit "raw of nerve" at that point, but it was such a departure from the rest of the review and so completely negative that it seemed out of place and even a bit petty. But now that things have calmed down you can get into some real controlled, targeted and long-lasting hatred! (just kidding).

I think that when you see the HD-DVD and absorb all the moving parts (close up), you will appreciate in more detail just how intricate, complicated and difficult this production was and how perfectly the music fit the drill.