DCI- Can we reverse the shows prior to DCI each year

Not confirmed, but the Atlanta show may be on July 31st next year...a week later than usual.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finals are on the 14th, so thatd make sense.

I'm all for Denver. It's close enough to us West Coasters that we can accept the travel costs, plus Denver is an awesome city with tons of appeal, not to mention a darn near PERFECT stadium.

So basically all these replies saying you can't have a late season show on the West Coast because its too far back to Indy mean the west coast is stuck with only early season shows for the foreseeable future. Can someone remind me again why its a good idea to permanently locate finals in Indy?

Which again is why I'm glad I'm in now in TX instead of CA. :doh:

So basically all these replies saying you can't have a late season show on the West Coast because its too far back to Indy mean the west coast is stuck with only early season shows for the foreseeable future. Can someone remind me again why its a good idea to permanently locate finals in Indy?

EXCELLENT QUESTION!!!

It is also worth noting the that "Mecca of Drum Corps", as an earlier post stated it, i.e. the upper

Midwest, also suffers from the exact same problem. No top DCI shows in either July or August.

The current tour schedule serves only half of the U.S.

Every other year:

ALLENTOWN

ATLANTA

SAN ANTONIO

PASADENA

STANFORD

DENVER

MINNEAPOLIS AT BRAND NEW TCF STADIUM

INDIANAPOLIS

That works.

Period.

Todd's on to something. This was mentioned in another thread, but the University of Minnesota is putting the final touches on a gorgeous new OUTDOOR stadium that would be perfect for a DCI regional.

Minnesota has proven its ability to both run high quality shows and attract fans. Stillwater is one of the oldest, most consistently attended shows on the circuit with sell-outs of 4000 people on the very first competitive weekend. A regional could do very well.

Rotating every-other year for the East Coast/West Coast thing makes a lot of sense as well. Why should the West Coast fans be forever and always shunned from end-of-season performances from their corps? Seems like a fair idea might be to alternate one season to the next. One year the swing would go East/South/West/Midwest and the next year it would be West/South/East/Midwest.

how about early season the west coast corps go east and east go west....wonder what the fans in nj would do with a show with BD, SCV, Academy, Mandrains, Troopers, and Blue Knights on a warm June evening, and standford and socal shows having Cavs, PR, BC, Boston, Cadets and Crown etc...that would leave BS, Madison, Glassmen, Spirit, Colts to hold down the fort in the midwest :)

Point #1.

Point #2.

. . .not much more you can really say. :doh:

There is one more thing lol

Point #3.

DCI has a contract with Indianapolis to hold Finals at Lucas Oil through 2017, except for one year where something conflicts with the date. Last year was supposed to be the first year of 10 straight years in Indianapolis, but since Lucas Oil was not going to be finished in time, they had to move it.

It's actually a pretty awful venue, but people still enjoy going, and as long as DCI and Allentown want it there, it will probably stay there.

Agree to disagree.

I think it's a great place for the fans, may not be as much for the corps pre-entering the field, but seeing that place full back in 2003, and with the burst of applause when Bones made his entrance...that place is magical.