Best Undefeated Corps

What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?

• 1982 Blue Devils
    • 1994 Blue Devils
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 2002 Cavaliers
    • 2009 Blue Devils

I guess you could say we defeated ourselves.

Still, we didn't get beat by the other corps. We were matched, but still not beaten.

Of course, I voted for 2000 Cadets.

Why "of course"? :doh:

Don't get me wrong, I thought you guys were great and SHOULD'VE been undefeated...but a poll looking for the "best" (not "favorite") of the undefeated corps should be based on how badly they rolled over the competition imho (for example, no corps got within a point of BD 82 all year iirc).

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 Cadets! :doh:

It's funny about this splitting hair issue ... no one scored higher than them all season, period.

Very close 2nd, 1982 Concord Blue Devils :lol:

It's funny about this splitting hair issue ... no one scored higher than them all season, period.

Agree, undefeated is undefeated, whether by .01 or by 5 pts. I voted 84 Devils, and agree also with the "Woobie" guy, Crown should have won this year.

1982 Blue Devils and its no contest. Why ? Becuase the competition in 1982 was firece, legitimate and worthy of the top spot. Blue Devils consistent victory over the four corps under them was a testament to the strength and design and performance of the show. Bridgemen drumline was s trong, besting BD, SCV was a constant threat especially in M&M and visual, Scouts and Garfield had strength in brass and Scouts in colorguard.

Not only that, but corps went head to head more times, there were more chances for defeat that didnt happen, and every time, Blue Devils came out in top, not to mention that the season was thre weeks longer and that could have given other corps even more chance to perect and overcome, but they didnt, in the end, every time, BD came, saw and conquered.

1982 Blue Devils, no contest.

Geoffrey

I'm not spitting hairs about calling them "undefeated" or anything like that, but this is asking who is the "best" one.

Since they're obviously the one out of the five that came closest to actually BEING defeated, how can anyone rank them as "best"?

It's just not being very honest to the question posed (well and good if you want to rank them your "favorite" undefeated corps, that's a different story).

I'm not spitting hairs about calling them "undefeated" or anything like that, but this is asking who is the "best" one.

Since they're obviously the one out of the five that came closest to actually BEING defeated, how can anyone rank them as "best"?

It's just not being very honest to the question posed (well and good if you want to rank them your "favorite" undefeated corps, that's a different story).

2000 Cades have absolutely no business in the poll. Period, no argument to the contrary. They tied for the championship, they were equaled in score and do not stand alone at the top, they are a co-champion, a true and deserving legitimate winner but a co-champion noetheless.

How is this even an issue ??

G

(Madison lost 2 contests in 1975: DCI Midwest prelims and finals to SCV.)

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/19750802dcimidwestfinals.htm

This recap is in error. I marched in the '75 Scouts and can attest that the only time we were beat was at prelims, which did not count as a contest back then. That is something that we were NOT happy with and made sure we corrected at finals, with a vengence. I also don't recall that we lost to anyone in brass that year either, so I think this recap is flawed.

We were undefeated in '75. It even says so on the ring.

CT

This recap is in error. I marched in the '75 Scouts and can attest that the only time we were beat was at prelims, which did not count as a contest back then. That is something that we were NOT happy with and made sure we corrected at finals, with a vengence. I also don't recall that we lost to anyone in brass that year either, so I think this recap is flawed.

We were undefeated in '75. It even says so on the ring.

CT

LOL, facts dont matter, this is DCP, anyone can be an expert and tell you that you are wrong.....

G