Best Undefeated Corps

What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?

• 1982 Blue Devils
    • 1994 Blue Devils
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 2002 Cavaliers
    • 2009 Blue Devils

Interesting observation backed up by the fact that no corps has won more championships since then.

Absolutely.

With the addition of Todd Ryan, and the new uniforms . . .BD 1994 was like an entirely new corps that just happened to be named "Blue Devils". The game really was changed that year.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't 75' Madison undefeated?

Not according to the Hawthorne Muchachos... ( haha!)

But yes, the '75 Madison Scouts were undefeated for all intents and purposes.

Edited by BRASSO

Take all the championship scores of all the undefeated corps and set them head-to-head and the 2002 Cavaliers come out on top.

Also, I think 75 Madison should be added to the list. They DOMINATED the activity that year. I spent the entire summer watching them from the back stands because we always went on much earlier than them. They were clean and entertaining. The conversation in the stands was always "Who's gonna place second at DCI finals?"

Take all the championship scores of all the undefeated corps and set them head-to-head and the 2002 Cavaliers come out on top.

Also, I think 75 Madison should be added to the list. They DOMINATED the activity that year. I spent the entire summer watching them from the back stands because we always went on much earlier than them. They were clean and entertaining. The conversation in the stands was always "Who's gonna place second at DCI finals?"

True. Any poll that doesn't include the '75 Madison Scouts unfortunately can't be taken seriously. '75 Madison Scouts were not only undefeated by they also won convincingly at Finals by a point and a half ( over SC Vanguard ). As a competitor's noted Brass Arranger, is quoted as saying ( on " Brass Roots " video ) the first time he saw them early that season, turning to his fellow staff members and saying flatly....." We can't beat THAT ! " ( and of course, he was proven right ).

Edited by BRASSO

True. Any poll that doesn't include the '75 Madison Scouts unfortunately can't be taken seriously. '75 Madison Scouts were not only undefeated by they also won convincingly at Finals by a point and a half ( over SC Vanguard ).

and even if included on this list...I would take either one of the BD years (82 or 94) over 75 Scouts.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone, but I like 88 Scouts better than the 75 version. I know...call me crazy.

A corps that has another corps score higher than them at the same show is not undefeated

exactly. prelims is a show. were there judges there? yes. did they use the DCI scoring system of the times? yes. Did a corps beat Madison?

yes.

i love 75 Scouts to this day. but they were beaten once. doesn't matter where, under the DCI approved system of that time they were beaten. not tied like 2000 Cadets...beaten

there were prelims. where corps competed against each other in a separate competition from finals. Am I correct?

Again, next.

Father, son share championship victories, undefeated seasons

Andrew Acheson was a member of the undefeated 2002 DCI Champion Cavaliers. Twenty-seven years earlier (1975), his father's corps, the Madison Scouts, also went undefeated and captured the DCI "crown."

More--

http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?r.../0506240580.php

http://thedrumslingers.com/members/rick.php

What are we to think?

I don't remember any corps getting a check for attending prelims, just the show. Never saw a trophy at prelims either. I could be wrong though. Maybe Northern Thunder could shed some light.

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

and even if included on this list...I would take either one of the BD years (82 or 94) over 75 Scouts.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone, but I like 88 Scouts better than the 75 version. I know...call me crazy.

' 88 Madison Scouts were a surprise upset in '88 beating SC Vanguard by 2 tenths for the Title.

A compelling case can be made for '82 Blue Devils though it seems to me. They won by a convincing 1.7 points over SC Vanguard.

1982 Blue Devils and its no contest. Why ? Becuase the competition in 1982 was firece, legitimate and worthy of the top spot. Blue Devils consistent victory over the four corps under them was a testament to the strength and design and performance of the show. Bridgemen drumline was s trong, besting BD, SCV was a constant threat especially in M&M and visual, Scouts and Garfield had strength in brass and Scouts in colorguard.

Not only that, but corps went head to head more times, there were more chances for defeat that didnt happen, and every time, Blue Devils came out in top, not to mention that the season was thre weeks longer and that could have given other corps even more chance to perect and overcome, but they didnt, in the end, every time, BD came, saw and conquered.

1982 Blue Devils, no contest.

Geoffrey

Agree. '82 Blue Devils won Finals by 1.7 points, and the competition season was longer, and the competition fierce, more Corps, and more head to head matchups.

They got my vote. ( close would be 2002 Cavs... winning by 1.85 points over 2nd place Corps )

Edited by BRASSO